Question about this cloth Tom Cat patch

cutiger83

I bought this patch yesterday at a gun show. It is made out of a cloth type of material. The 3/4 on the patch looks strange. It is much thinner stitching than the rest of the letters. I was wondering if anyone could please tell me more about this patch. Like when/where it was made. Is this a current patch?

Thanks so much for any help. ...Kat

tomcat.JPG

Patchcollector

Army aviation,doing a take on the Navy Tomcat!Not sure of age,did you do any web searches on the unit?It may be German or Korean made

son of desertrat

Its 3/4 the size of the rest of the writing!(couldnt resiste) Any way something looks weird about hte whole thing to me. But im no patch expert.

Keenan

Army aviation,doing a take on the Navy Tomcat!Not sure of age,did you do any web searches on the unit?It may be German or Korean made

Army Aviation?? Interesting. I did not do a search yet. I was posting a cool marksman badge I got so I posted this one before doing any searching.

Thanks for your help...Kat

Patchcollector
Its 3/4 the size of the rest of the writing!(couldnt resiste) Any way something looks weird about hte whole thing to me. But im no patch expert.

Keenan

It is cut edge,but it's of fairly recent manufacture,maybe the 3/4 was made that way due to space constraints?

I've been doing some google searching but no luck so far. Could the 3 be 3rd Battalion and the 4 something else?

Thanks for the help....Kat

Patchcollector

Very little on the web.Based at Finthen Germany

B Co Stray Cats 3-4 AVN Finthen FRG

Found this on a Kiowa pilots forum

RASSEGA

11 Jul 08, 12:50

Cobra AQC Summer of 88

Cobras 88-91

B Co Stray Cats 3-4 AVN Finthen FRG

D Trp 3-7 CAV Manheim FRG

A quick trip to the Desert with 4/2 as a WSRO

KW AQC Fall 91

In heartbeat if I could back to 1988 with a Gun Platoon of 7 WO1s (max density)(Bradshaw, Wade, Rassega, Wymann, Kienitz, Alldredge, Kilgore) and a CW4 IP/Platoon Leader I would

I'm thinking German made in the 80's or perhaps sooner.They were a Scout unit,probably flying Kiowas?

You are a WIZ at doing a google search! I haven't found anything! Thank you so much for taking the time to search for this. I really appreciate it....Kat

Patchcollector
You are a WIZ at doing a google search! I haven't found anything! Thank you so much for taking the time to search for this. I really appreciate it....Kat

Glad to help :thumbsup: