1178th MP Co. Aviation, North Africa/Italy

Can anyone tell me anything about the 1178th MP Co. Aviation? I have found a reference my father being assigned to the 1178th MP Co. Aviation in Tunisia and Algeria in North Africa Sept. - Nov 1943 and then in Italy campaigns of Naples/Foggia and Rome/Arno befor there is a reference to him being assigned to the 517th PIR for the Operation Dragoon Airborne invation of S. France.

Thx and God Speed!

Sgt (ret) Dan Perry, Hvy SP FA, Ordnance/Turret Mech 45D-2, M110A2 8' 203 mm Cold Steel On Target!

Son of a 517th Parachute Regimental Combat Team Paratrooper!

In memorial of my Father, Cpl Floyd R. Perry, served Sept 42-Sept 45, MP, Infantryman, Hvy Mortar Crewman, Paratrooper!

Purple Heart w/1 oak leaf cluster; Bronze Star with/V device; EAME w/1 Silver Star, 1 Bronze Star, 2 Parachute Invasion Arrowheads; Good Conduct; Occupation Germany Medal; American Campaign Medal; WW II Victory Medal; Combat Infantrman Badge earned in Southern France; Paratrooper Wings w/ 2 Bronze Stars; Presidential Distinguished Unit Citation w/1 oak leaf Cluster, French Croix De Guerre w/Silver Gilt Star; Belgian Croix De Guerre; Belgian Fouragere; www.517prct.org www.wwiiadt.org