Red Spacer Ka-Bar

Still-A-Marine

Questions and answers about this item

Q: FYI: This is a WWII "red spacer" Ka-Bar, and is quite rare. Too bad it is pitted. Still cool though. :dry:

A: Thanks for the info..I'll let everyone know.

Hard to believe that this knife dealer did not know that, but to his credit he didn't stop the auction when Mr. $#!+head decided to perform his "random act of kindness" by giving him unsolicited information that could have cost Bill the auction.

BTW, Bill, that's a good example to fill a slot. Now you have one to show and if you ever decide to upgrade, you should not have a problem getting your money back. Congrats!

Still-A-Marine
bill

are there triple thin black spacers at the pommel? peened pommel?

Greg

Greg,

To me it looks like 3 thin black spacers at the pommel. I don't know about the pommel being peened but it should be. When I get the knife I will post pictures.

Bill

Still-A-Marine

Q: FYI: This is a WWII "red spacer" Ka-Bar, and is quite rare. Too bad it is pitted. Still cool though. :dry:

A: Thanks for the info..I'll let everyone know.

Hard to believe that this knife dealer did not know that, but to his credit he didn't stop the auction when Mr. $#!+head decided to perform his "random act of kindness" by giving him unsolicited information that could have cost Bill the auction.

BTW, Bill, that's a good example to fill a slot. Now you have one to show and if you ever decide to upgrade, you should not have a problem getting your money back. Congrats!

Since it was listed as Vietnam era I was hoping it would be overlooked. I lucked out on this one.

And yes, I needed a red spacer USMC Ka-Bar. With this one I now have one each of the four main variations of the USMC Ka-Bar. I also have the USMC versions of the PAL, ROBESON SHUREDGE, and both the guard and blade marked CAMILLUS knives. Bill

but to his credit he didn't stop the auction when Mr. $#!+head decided to perform his "random act of kindness" by giving him unsolicited information that could have cost Bill the auction.

I am "Mr. $#!+head." Even if my mother had bid on the item, I still would have informed the seller what he had, because I would have wanted someone to do that for me.

Great Job Bill!!!

I had my eye on this one too but decided to keep within my Christmas budget at the time it hit $70. I guess I'm too cheap to get the good stuff :crying: . But I’m always glad to find out when a fellow forum member is the winning bidder, especially when they share pictures :w00t:

Craig

• 2 weeks later...
Still-A-Marine
bill

are there triple thin black spacers at the pommel? peened pommel?

Greg

Yes there are three thin black spacers at the pommel. Bill

post-4347-1292977518.jpg