USN/USMC aviators Rigger Made items

babaou

Got these from the same source yesterday. Both are BOYT USN 1943 marked and are for the .38 revolver. One has 12 loops added to the shoulder strap, while the other has an amazing 42 loops added.

MVC_001S.JPG

MVC_002S.JPG

MVC_003S.JPG

42 looped holster Robin. Looking nice !!!!

Here is my new addition, I dont know if it is made rigger or factory.

Vintage cabela belt with 24 ammo loops.

post-369-1320150882.jpg

Not nearly as exciting as the other stuff, but this ditty bag came out of the footlocker of a retired O-4 USMC Mustang. Last name was Taylor. Lots of other interesting stuff, all post war/Korea/Viet Nam. Estate sale find. Thanks, Al Hirschler in Dallas.

post-12790-1320158156.jpg

post-12790-1320158192.jpg

Hi everyone.

I'd like to share with you a great website about US NAVY AVIATION equipment and clothing from World War Two. The author of the site is a good friend of mine pararaftanr2. I think it would be the best source of any information about this subject. For sure all of this information there, will be covered in book(in future) but for now we have a website: http://pilotsmanyourplanes.com/

Enjoy and any comments will be appreciated.

The best regards,

Jerry

• 4 months later...

Hi everybody,

Here is a new rigger modification to attach a combat knife. This modification has been made on an M-668 Type S flying suit, along the thigh, just near a pocket.

One of the 3 following photos shows the snap fastener marked "United Carr" from the inside of the suit.

Enjoy

Greg

post-15129-1332783671.jpg

• 2 months later...

Hello everybody,

Here is my new third book which is just available in english version since May 22 on the following website :

Click here to visit the following Website

or click on the following link :

http://www.eden-mili-arts.com/index.php?lang=english

I invite you to discover the aviators of the legendary US Marine Corps in the Pacific. This book contains 192 pages, seven chapters, each named for a different squadron, uniforms and flight gear, personal memoirs, excerpts from the war diary of a dive bombing squadron flight log books, and photo albums of the men who served in it. Here is its contents :

Introduction : 10 pages

Chapter 1 VMSB-144 : 18 pages

Chapter 2 VMSB-235 : 10 pages

Chapter 3 VMF-222 : 61 pages

Chapter 4 VMSB-341 : 10 pages

Chapter 5 VMTB-143 : 48 pages

Chapter 6 VMF-512 : 18 pages

Chapter 7 VMTB-454 : 15 pages

Bibliography, acknowledgments : 1 page

Through this book you are going to share the daily lives of these men as their experience in training and combat. With its colorful plane profiles, original documents, and reconstructions detailing the flight equipment of these men, this book is the first of its kind about US Marine aviation.

Best regards

Greg

post-15129-1338073001.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I recievied book last week and is great! Only one good book about USMC/USN aviation equipment. Thanks Greg for very good job.

If someone want learn more about USMC aviation history, equipment and see great war time photos, have to buy this book for sure!

Cant wait to see the USN volume!

Cheers,

Jerry

• 2 weeks later...
pararaftanr2

Hello all,

Can anyone think of a book that shows numerous authentic rigger-made or rigger-modified items of Naval aviation flight gear from WWII? No-one?

Nothing? You're right; until now there hasn't been one. Greg has changed that with his recent publication on Marine Aviators. Pick up a copy. Unlike some other books on the subject of Naval aviation, you will not be sorry and you will not be mis-informed. Best regards, Paul

• 8 months later...

Picked this up recently. With the help of Andy was able to ID to a USMC pilot that flew VP-1's and was awarded the DFC.

r1_zps9dccb628.jpg

r5_zps0acbcf23.jpg

Charlie Flick

Very nice. What caliber are the cartridges? Are they Ball or Tracer? Headstamp markings?

Regards,

Charlie

Waouw !

This Rigger Made holster is fantastic !

You were lucky to find some items in the pouch, but without them your find is fantastic because it includes all the components used by the riggers on the theater of operations :

- parachute harness straps

- heavy grey twill used to made additionnal pockets

- waterproof blue twill and green material on the side for the holster

Yours also shows the owner's name stenciled on a strap.

Your holster can be compared to both holsters shown upper in this topic

Congratulations !

Greg

• 3 years later...

Nice to put some new stuff to this great thread.

Here is my old AN6519 life vest with rigger added rubber patches. It is nice described in late war Naval Aviation news from 1945.

post-369-0-60022400-1459804056.jpg

I was also able to find same nice rigger made very's shells pouch made from grey parachute pack canvas. Last two slots are for o2 cartridge for life vest.

post-369-0-08999900-1459804675.jpg

post-369-0-04989900-1459804698.jpg

Last two ammo pouch.

Second one is made from old tabaco pouch named to Naval Aviator. Pouch included bunch of .38 bullets but they had to stay in the seller home :(

Cheers,

Jerry

post-369-0-43033600-1459804858.jpg

post-369-0-41159700-1459804870.jpg

post-369-0-03387300-1459804881.jpg

Although I'm pretty sure this ammo pouch is from the Vietnam War it's still pretty cool. It's a nice rigger made pouch for .38 cartridges. It could have been carried by helicopter crewmen as well as US Navy personnel on a PBR. Very cool piece.

Ronnie

post-7752-0-43308100-1459833273.jpeg

post-7752-0-74583600-1459833285.jpeg

post-7752-0-05282200-1459833295.jpeg