USN/USMC aviators Rigger Made items

babaou

Great Holsters Greg. The Naval rigger modified holsters are my favorite item:)

Here are some example from my collection with black goggle strap sewd like a ammo loops:

post-369-1311765166.jpg

Here is my favorite one, for bad luck I cant make better photo becouse holster is under the gear:

black ammo loops sewed into heavy blue cavans sleeve and put with holster. Loops are for 25 bullets.

post-369-1311765516.jpg

Standard holster with white ammo loops.

The great thing is that every rigger modified holster is a little bit different than another one.

post-369-1311766229.jpg

Here is very interesting holster from my friend collection with light green HBT material sewed like a ammo loops. I have reinforced oxygen mask snaps at the back in my AN6542 helmet by the same type of material also...

post-369-1311766502.jpg

Last one holster from my collection with a another style of white elastic material like ammo loops.

Manufacture is BOYT 43.

post-369-1311767222.jpg

Another one very interesting rigger/mechanic made items are NOTE PADS. They were made totally individaly soo every one is also different from another. Here are two example from my collection:

post-369-1311767781.jpg

post-369-1311767834.jpg

This one is named to: J.E. Shealy VF-49. For bad luck I didnt find any info about owner :(((

Both note pad have a goggle strap like a attachmet for a the leg.

The best regards,

Jerry

post-369-1311768061.jpg

post-369-1311768078.jpg

Here are two life jackets showing field modifications

The first on is a Mk.I life jacket with a added strap on the bottom to secure the vest.

post-15129-1312361297.jpg

The second life vest is a type B-3 on which a part of the leather pad has been unsewn to create of signal mirror pocket. Part of the lanyard of the mirror was made with a piece of parachute bungee.

post-15129-1312361593.jpg

Nice stuff Greg.

I like the B-3 vest with mirror pocket. This pockets were made in two variant: like at your photo: pocket is open from the upper side and second one: pocket is open from the left side with leather reinforcment near the end of the pocket.

post-369-1312364384.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hello guys,

Nice rigger made pocket Robin ! I think you're right it was probably used to carry Mk1 signals.

Here is a new item.

It is a US Navy survival machete CASE XX stored in a rigger made pocket with a strap to wear it on the shoulder.

The pocket was made cutting the part containing the machette inside a USN M-592 survival back pack and using other parts from the same pack on which are the snap fasteners to make the shoulder strap.

post-15129-1316266306.jpg

post-15129-1316266316.jpg