"Little Souvenir" to bring back home.

Fredoc

General Apathy
He looks very happy with his trophy.

post-314-1291924725.jpg

Nice shot's and interesting, little did he or many others realise that around twenty years later fellow Americans would be heading to the moon riding something similar.

lewis

Fred,

Those are great photos. I think you might have just given me the idea for my next model. Thanks for posting the photos.

Dennis

These pictures look very similar to the ones my fiance's grand father brought back. He was with an engineer company attached to the 29th division that dismantled V2 sites. In fact one of the fellows in the images bares some resemblance to him. Very cool collection

-Sarah

Sweet pics! Are they snap shots from the soldier? Are they small sized photos? I would love to have those in my photo collection!

Yes they are small sized (3 1/2" x 2 1/2")

Probably snap shots from the soldier.

post-314-1292528551.jpg

They were given to me by an old man, he was a kid in 1944-45 and his family

had some US army personnel from different units staying in the house.

The family and these soldiers became good friends and stayed in contact after the war.

When these soldiers went home they left a few things in the house.

This old man gave me all these souvenirs that he kept as a treasure.

These pictures look very similar to the ones my fiance's grand father brought back. He was with an engineer company attached to the 29th division that dismantled V2 sites. In fact one of the fellows in the images bares some resemblance to him. Very cool collection

-Sarah

I 'd love to see your pictures.

Would be great to identify these men.

Thanks to you and all the others for your kind comments.

Fred

My fiance and I just moved and it appears we will be moving again shortly. His grandfather's pictures are somewhere in a box with a bunch of other militaria in a room stacked to the ceiling with other similar boxes. When we get settled again I will scan a few and we can compare :)

-Sarah