Another Ronson EGA

Schnicklfritz

Schnicklfritz

Here is another one of the Ronson manufactured EGAs that I picked up a little bit ago. It appears to anodized to me. Will let the pics do the talkin' so to say.

post-115-1188507938.jpg

I posted this back on August 20th as an unknown EGA or sweetheart pin. Could this unknown EGA also be a Ronson EGA as they look pretty close with the exception of the finish and a horizontal pin instead of a diagonal pin.

Dennis

post-1389-1188510581.jpg

post-1389-1188510603.jpg

Hey guys,

With those roller lock catches, the gold wash finishes and just the way the emblems are put together, they certainly look 1940ish to me, so my money and bet are on "sweetheart," not officially worn cover emblems. What kind of metal are they made of? The photo of Marc's looks almost like pot metal? Dennis's I can't really tell from the photo.

s/f, Gary

teufelhunde.ret
Here is another one of the Ronson manufactured EGAs that I picked up a little bit ago. It appears to anodized to me. Will let the pics do the talkin' so to say.

Yes ht emblem does fall into the category of a "sweeteheart". Apprently Ronson did use the dies well beyond the WW1 period to produce these replicas. As Gary said, the giveaway is the roller lock catch that began widespread use in the 20's. Have attached photo's from a post Steve made some time ago with original period EGA's

ronson.jpg

ronson_pinback.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Gents, is there any hard proof out there i.e., old catalogs, etc. that ties these to Ronson? Are there any known marked examples? Or are we calling them that based off of Orgel's chapter in Moran's book, and using that as gospel?

Leatherneck72