Sign in to follow this  
hawkdriver

Anyone seen the new M-203?

When I was in Kuwait, an Infantry Company was coming into theatre and they carried the new grenade launcher to replace the M-203. It is an H&K model and I didn't write down the nomenclature, but here it is. They say it is heavy, but it is a lot smaller and more compact.

2v8pd6t.jpg

Visit my eBay store: http://stores.ebay.com/crustyw4scorner/

35lyhcy.gif2d29461.gifixd2rm.gif

I thought I saw in the Army Times I while back that the 82nd Airborne was testing them, that however was a while ago.

Always looking for Items from the 110th Pennsylvania Volunteers 1861-1865

2nd_zps212583d3.jpg

Proud Veteran of the 2nd Armored Cavalry Regiment 1987-1989

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gif
donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gif

IIRC, this is made by H&K, no?

"We are now up against live, hostile targets. So if Little Red Riding Hood shows up with a Bazooka and a bad attitude, I expect you to chin the bitch!"

Sgt. Wells

I thought I saw in the Army Times I while back that the 82nd Airborne was testing them, that however was a while ago.

Well, testing is obviously done, there is an entire battalion here and all the grenadiers have them. Yes, it is an H&K.

It'a another example of Army waste of money. The Main Complaint about the M-203 was that it couldn't open wide enought to accept modern LTL munitions. Long Mountain Outfitters had a Mod for the Barrel that fixed that 10 years ago.

The Army complained about the Modularity, then finally gave the M-203 a QD attach/detach kit so I could take it from Mine and put it on yours if needed. Then what was the Army wisdom? even though it takes all of 30 seconds to switch it demanded it go to DS unit if you wanted to swap it to another Rifle/Carbine. Defeating the entire purpose of the QD kit the DOD spent Millions on.

Army complained it couldnt be used as a stand alone system even though AAI has offered a Gripstock for 10 years.

Army complained about the sights, then Issued the AN/PSQ-18 for it

But the Army was in the throes of H&K Orgasm with the XM8 and had decided it was buying the UGL no matter what.

It'a another example of Army waste of money. The Main Complaint about the M-203 was that it couldn't open wide enought to accept modern LTL munitions. Long Mountain Outfitters had a Mod for the Barrel that fixed that 10 years ago.

The Army complained about the Modularity, then finally gave the M-203 a QD attach/detach kit so I could take it from Mine and put it on yours if needed. Then what was the Army wisdom? even though it takes all of 30 seconds to switch it demanded it go to DS unit if you wanted to swap it to another Rifle/Carbine. Defeating the entire purpose of the QD kit the DOD spent Millions on.

Army complained it couldnt be used as a stand alone system even though AAI has offered a Gripstock for 10 years.

Army complained about the sights, then Issued the AN/PSQ-18 for it

But the Army was in the throes of H&K Orgasm with the XM8 and had decided it was buying the UGL no matter what.

So very true. The Army is in love with HK for some reason. Just another solution to another non-existent problem. Now they will have to maintain 2 launcher systems and for what.

Now they will have to maintain 2 launcher systems and for what.

How is that a problem? They have maintained two systems of about everything since the beginning of time. About everything in the system has to be replaced and two systems have to be maintained until the older is completely replaced. Look at the miriad of weapon lasers out there still.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.