25th uniform on ebay

zephead

Here's a pic of what he's asking about. Since the seller is selling bogus items I wouldn't take the chance or feed his pockets. There are plenty of collector copies out there and even though I might be wrong that's my take on that bullion patch.

post-2582-1291407436.jpg

vintageproductions
Here's a pic of what he's asking about. Since the seller is selling bogus items I wouldn't take the chance or feed his pockets. There are plenty of collector copies out there and even though I might be wrong that's my take on that bullion patch.

I would love to know what "bogus" items he has listed. It is a guarantee that Louie doesn't enhance his items. The way they are listed is the way he has pulled them out of "Rag Mills" over the last 25 plus years.

I would love to know what "bogus" items he has listed. It is a guarantee that Louie doesn't enhance his items. The way they are listed is the way he has pulled them out of "Rag Mills" over the last 25 plus years.

I don't believe that patch belongs on a WWII uniform.

ebaygn.jpg

Uploaded with No_outside_hosting.us

kyhistorian01

ebaygn.jpg

Actually that patch on that uniform is very possible. Its an ETO jacket and many American's wore them especially officers. I know a number of AAF officers wore them and it is very possible that a member of the 101st stationed in England prior to D-Day wore one. I believe it is good.

Robert

Back to the 25th patch.I have a WW2 ike with one just like it.and had another in the pocket still in wax paper.Has the 25th japanese bullion on the right sleeve and 2nd armor w/tab on the other.Dont see nothin wrong with the ribbons either.Nice hand sewn rack.

As for Louie and the quality of his goods just check out the large thread from his rag picks over the years.I have emailed him in the past and would deal with him anytime.

RD

Ok, what makes it a post-war patch? Or is it because its not one of the "types" people refer to?

Any which way, If there isn't any provenence with the uniform, I would not trust the patch being original to the uniform. With all of the houpla over the 101st, there are just too many put-togethers out there for this uniform to be considered original.

-Ski

vintageproductions

I had spoke to Louie the other day. He pulled this jacket out of a rag mill, that we both went to, back in the mid 80's. Way before there was "hoopla" over the 101st, like there is today.

I've known Louie since before airborne stuff was "cool" (yes, at one time it wasn't the "coolest stuff ever"...) and I can likewise guarantee that Louie doesn't doctor stuff.

For the folks knocking his uniforms, please provide conclusive facts regarding why they are or are not real. If it's simply a "hunch" because you've never seen it before, please don't go knocking someone else's stuff and making generalized statements about him selling "fake" items.

Please provide FACTS, not just OPINIONS.

Thanks.

Dave

Brian Dentino

ebaygn.jpg

WW2 TYPE 14

I think that this patch is very possible for a WWII jacket as it looks just like a type 14 that I have in my collection. Looks fine to me........and no, I don't know Louie so I have no dog in this fight at all.

Like I said, I was probably wrong about the bullion 25th and so it goes. I've got no dog in this fight either but I can say the rag-mill thread lets you know who your dealing with.

I think someone got a steal on this jacket as it only sold for its opening bid. I like how the tailor mistakenly embroidered a WWI victory instead of a WWII victory.

Like I said, I was probably wrong about the bullion 25th and so it goes. I've got no dog in this fight either but I can say the rag-mill thread lets you know who your dealing with.

U two sure laid ol' Louie out, and that's your best apology? And nothing from the original post? What has happened to the ideals of this Forum?

If I needed it, I would buy anything he offered.

U two sure laid ol' Louie out, and that's your best apology? And nothing from the original post? What has happened to the ideals of this Forum?

If I needed it, I would buy anything he offered.

First off I didn't lay Louie out.

I offered my opinion on the patch which is all it was, an opinion (one I even noted was most likely in error) and no, I didn't look at what else he was selling but again, in response to the original question and remark it's my general policy to not buy from people who sell trumped up garbage as real. That wasn't the case here as was pointed out. The patch was okay according to Bob and that was good enough for me.

I don't know Ol' Louie other than having looked at his rag-mill thread and congratulated him on having so many fine uniforms. My responses are noted in that thread for all to see.

Nice flame bait though.

-Out

vintageproductions

Lloyd-What I think Dave is saying is the way you typed your response :

It makes it sound like you looked at the rest of the items Louie has listed and are condemming them. I am sure that is not what you intended to do, but that is the way it comes across.

Bob

First off I didn't lay Louie out.

I offered my opinion on the patch which is all it was, an opinion (one I even noted was most likely in error) and no, I didn't look at what else he was selling but again, in response to the original question and remark it's my general policy to not buy from people who sell trumped up garbage as real. That wasn't the case here as was pointed out. The patch was okay according to Bob and that was good enough for me.

I don't know Ol' Louie other than having looked at his rag-mill thread and congratulated him on having so many fine uniforms. My responses are noted in that thread for all to see.

Nice flame bait though.

-Out

This forum has really kind of gone down hill lately. This is why I rarely look here anymore, and wouldn't have except a member called me to look at this thread. I felt like bragging about the stuff I came across in 25years of collecting stuff which for the most part was tossed, and it seems the trouble hasn't stopped since. A few months ago for all practical purposes someone accused me of getting their father's originanl 506th Ike from their house in a city I have never been in, 25 years ago! I wish he would of said that was a fake and I could of relisted it since it didn't go for very mucn. Now, if I wanted to jazz up an item, why a 25th ID w/ a super RARE 6th Army patch on the right???? It is true that the airbornce stuff has really gone crazy high on most items and that's why I will never list them here. I am not good at, "now reduced for third, etc time". I started getting this stuff in 1982, and for the most part kept the best stuff for my collection and sold off many items to guys at the ASMIC club here in Bellflower, or wholesale to dealers in Belgium, France, and Japan. I sents 100's of mustard shirts, pants, jungle jackets, field jackets, etc to these places. Some were even used for patterns to make, yes repros! I am now selling off many of my better items that came out of these rag mills. I waited, and it is paying off for me. Other than once a guy who sent me back an officer's tunic w/ a war correspondent patch on it, nothing has ever come back. I gladly gave him back his money immeadiately, and took the patch to Bob's show where even Bob at first thought it was real till we took it off, and treadhead showed how it was a fake, probably made for a movie, etc.. I sell surplus on Ebay, and gun shows like the one I am doing right now in Phoenix, but the top items will go to Ebay and I do give a money back guarantee, unless it is a damaged item to be used for parts, etc. My best buyers are yes, Europeans, and Japanese. They wouldn't look here for the most part so you must go w/ your best exposure. I remember once a guy telling me "you are sending all this great stuff overseas!" It was the the old Pomona Gun Show, and I told him, "pay what that guy pays and it can stay here", and off he went. Now, if someone helps me pay for my kid's law school, or house payment etc, that would be different, but talk doesn't pay bills. I sell empty German ammo boxes and clips on Ebay for more than I can sell them here w/ the ammo. Yes, I have been lucky to turn what for most people is trash to a nice extra source of income. I am retired, was in the military over 20 years, and also taught history, political science, and yes, Economies. Since I was a kid in the 50's I have sold stuff from papers to subscriptions, to whatever and never forced anyone to buy anything. I always say if you don't like it, fine, no hurt feeling, someone else will, and they do. The ETO jacket came out of Koko's rag mill in the late eighties when they actually brought in a load of a few thousand pounds from England. There was probably 300 Ike jackets in that load, but most were stripped. In that load there was probably 30 of these type jackets, most of which had no patches, but a few did. All were Air Force ex. for this one. I balked at that time of the price which was $10 for stripped ETO's, and 15.00 for the one's w/ SSI's. Yes, I paid $15.00 for that jacket, and I only bought maybe 5 or 6 of them. The Airbornce m42 came out at a flea market in Long Beach,CA. There was a real nice black older couple who cleaned out abandoned houses in that area. Who was the guy who wore it, who knows, but it's a real m42, and yes I never ever found a reenforced one in all these times. Well, I hope I have said my piece. When my younger son told me for selling empty boxes of German ammo I was a crook, I told him, no one is forcing them to buy them. They send it willingly, and that's the same for the uniforms, etc. No one is forcing you oranyone to buy it, so if you don't like it, that's fine with me, no hurt feeling. Usually someone else will.

This forum has really kind of gone down hill lately. This is why I rarely look here anymore, and wouldn't have except a member called me to look at this thread. I felt like bragging about the stuff I came across in 25years of collecting stuff which for the most part was tossed, and it seems the trouble hasn't stopped since. A few months ago for all practical purposes someone accused me of getting their father's originanl 506th Ike from their house in a city I have never been in, 25 years ago! I wish he would of said that was a fake and I could of relisted it since it didn't go for very mucn. Now, if I wanted to jazz up an item, why a 25th ID w/ a super RARE 6th Army patch on the right???? It is true that the airbornce stuff has really gone crazy high on most items and that's why I will never list them here. I am not good at, "now reduced for third, etc time". I started getting this stuff in 1982, and for the most part kept the best stuff for my collection and sold off many items to guys at the ASMIC club here in Bellflower, or wholesale to dealers in Belgium, France, and Japan. I sents 100's of mustard shirts, pants, jungle jackets, field jackets, etc to these places. Some were even used for patterns to make, yes repros! I am now selling off many of my better items that came out of these rag mills. I waited, and it is paying off for me. Other than once a guy who sent me back an officer's tunic w/ a war correspondent patch on it, nothing has ever come back. I gladly gave him back his money immeadiately, and took the patch to Bob's show where even Bob at first thought it was real till we took it off, and treadhead showed how it was a fake, probably made for a movie, etc.. I sell surplus on Ebay, and gun shows like the one I am doing right now in Phoenix, but the top items will go to Ebay and I do give a money back guarantee, unless it is a damaged item to be used for parts, etc. My best buyers are yes, Europeans, and Japanese. They wouldn't look here for the most part so you must go w/ your best exposure. I remember once a guy telling me "you are sending all this great stuff overseas!" It was the the old Pomona Gun Show, and I told him, "pay what that guy pays and it can stay here", and off he went. Now, if someone helps me pay for my kid's law school, or house payment etc, that would be different, but talk doesn't pay bills. I sell empty German ammo boxes and clips on Ebay for more than I can sell them here w/ the ammo. Yes, I have been lucky to turn what for most people is trash to a nice extra source of income. I am retired, was in the military over 20 years, and also taught history, political science, and yes, Economies. Since I was a kid in the 50's I have sold stuff from papers to subscriptions, to whatever and never forced anyone to buy anything. I always say if you don't like it, fine, no hurt feeling, someone else will, and they do. The ETO jacket came out of Koko's rag mill in the late eighties when they actually brought in a load of a few thousand pounds from England. There was probably 300 Ike jackets in that load, but most were stripped. In that load there was probably 30 of these type jackets, most of which had no patches, but a few did. All were Air Force ex. for this one. I balked at that time of the price which was $10 for stripped ETO's, and 15.00 for the one's w/ SSI's. Yes, I paid $15.00 for that jacket, and I only bought maybe 5 or 6 of them. The Airbornce m42 came out at a flea market in Long Beach,CA. There was a real nice black older couple who cleaned out abandoned houses in that area. Who was the guy who wore it, who knows, but it's a real m42, and yes I never ever found a reenforced one in all these times. Well, I hope I have said my piece. When my younger son told me for selling empty boxes of German ammo I was a crook, I told him, no one is forcing them to buy them. They send it willingly, and that's the same for the uniforms, etc. No one is forcing you oranyone to buy it, so if you don't like it, that's fine with me, no hurt feeling. Usually someone else will.

I don't know you Louie...but I know what you did for the Potter family and that was/is extremely commendable. Truth be told an ID'D E/506th uniform would probably go for 10K+. As for the 101st ETO IKE you just had listed...it is a shame that I did not see the auction earlier. I do not know what it went for but what your opening bid was worth the jacket alone. As a side note, if the numbers I saw on the laundry tag are what I think they were...someone got a deal!

For the individuals who are obviously "experts" that started this thread...lessen here is that if you don't know what you are talking about...ask first. You just might be amazed what you might learn.

Jake Powers