M37 H&H Imperial Collar Emblems

craig_pickrall

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Bob Hudson

I picked up a mate of this today. It has the dual Imperial and H-H marks, half globe and unfouled anchor. One source I read today said that after HH bought Imperial in 1942 it used the dual marks throough 1943. Can anyone speak to that?

ImpEGA.jpgImpEGAback.jpg

ImpEGAwheel.jpgImpEGAmarks.jpg

teufelhunde.ret
I picked up a mate of this today. It has the dual Imperial and H-H marks, half globe and unfouled anchor. One source I read today said that after HH bought Imperial in 1942 it used the dual marks throough 1943. Can anyone speak to that?

I believe your information to be correct. And there are other using the dual hallmark, in different locations as well. Thanks for posting and sharing these with us.

• 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...
Guest sua sponte

I recently found this EGA and need assistance in identification. It has a HH hallmark on the back. What interested me in this piece was the definition of the eagle, especially in the shape of the wings. I do not have the piece in hand as of this time, but it appears that the wings are curved towards the back. Thanks in advance.

post-3763-1217626399.jpg

post-3763-1217626601.jpg

This H&H bird appears to be an Officer's right collar service emblem, from the WWII era. The scallopped lug is indicative of this period. The wings were made slightly curved to the rear. Nice emblem. Thanks for posting.

Semper Fi.....Bobgee

teufelhunde.ret

The only bit more I could add, this is likely an early war years emblem, as it made of bronze. At some point the brass rollers were stopped becase of war material shortages, these zinc rollers were used, then followed by emblem production with sterling. By most accounts these production changes occured in 42/43 although without records, its anyones guess.