JR Gaunt Jump Wing

Hello,

I've had this wing for a long time, and i pulled it off the uniform to look at it today, and I thought I would post some pictures of it on here to see what you guys thought of it. I think it's a very nice wing with a combat star on it.

James

post-419-1291167761.jpg

Thanks for the nice compliments. The paratrooper was in 1/HQ 508th, he was a Normandy replacement. his combat star was for Holland. Here's a picture of the full uniform. The CIB is Ludlow marked.

James

post-419-1291668861.jpg

That's a great looking Ike! You gotta love that jump wing also. Thanks for sharing this! Do you know much else about the vet? Was he wounded in Holland or later?

Yes I know some more about him, he was wounded Jan 30th 1945 in Belgium. He was in the 81 mm mortar platoon.

James

Thanks James! Once again, that's a great looking jacket!

That is a fantastic uniform. Don't know that they come any better. The jump wings & CIB are wonderful. Could you show us a close up scan of the para-glider cap patch on the cap ??? For some reason it looks a little different in the picture (More suspension lines than usual) and I wonder if it is also english made. Thanks for sharing .

Hello,

I've had this wing for a long time, and i pulled it off the uniform to look at it today, and I thought I would post some pictures of it on here to see what you guys thought of it. I think it's a very nice wing with a combat star on it.

James

ALL THE DAMN WAY!!!

Thanks for all the great comments, I appreciate it. The cap patch is theater made bullion work, I think it is probably German made, but it could be British made. I'll post a picture of it later on tonight.

James