"Cut Down" USMC Overcoats

usmcski

Greetings all,

Every now and then, I see someone post a cut-down WWII Marine overcoat that they have acquired. I understand this was often seen in the ranks of "sea duty" Marines, but I'm sure the trend continued with others. I'd eventually like to pick one up, but how commonly seen are these? I have probably seen more offered here than on ePay, are there any examples "hiding" in the collections of members here? If you have examples, please post 'em!

Semper,

Ski

Ahhh, thanks for the "rudder steer", 'dude! Nice examples, I like 'em a lot!

Anyone have any patched examples?

Semper!

Ski

Ahhh, thanks for the "rudder steer", 'dude! Nice examples, I like 'em a lot!

Anyone have any patched examples?

Semper!

Ski

Thanks!

Semper Semper

Hope we get some more input on them. If memory serves me, I think Brig had one that had been civilianized -- the USMC buttons replaced and the length cut down.

I have had quite a few different styles come my way and I cant get anyone interested. I have a hard time selling them for less than $20.

Mike

I have had quite a few different styles come my way and I cant get anyone interested. I have a hard time selling them for less than $20.

Mike

Well, if any more come your way, please keep me in mind! Maybe my timing is just horrible, but I would have gladly taken one off of your hands!

Semper,

Ski

Mike

Interesting and rare and unique don't always equate to valuable!

Overcoats in general are about worthless to most collectors, unless there's patches or something special