19th SFG Modified DCU and Helmet

Nkomo

Went up to one of my local haunts today and found this small grouping. It is a later modified named DCU (name is penned on the inside) and a used Pro-Tec helmet from a member of the 19th Special Forces Group. You can tell this is a later modification due to the velcro on the chest area for velcro rank. This type modification was normally seen after the ACU's were issued.

Nice part is that I traded an 80's era US steel pot and a foreign winter weight jacket for the above items. :thumbsup:

DSCN1785.JPG

If you are wondering why there are white tags attached to the shirt and helmet, I do this so I know that these two pieces are part of a grouping. Each piece is identified in case these pieces are ever seperated.

Nice set Arch and I agree with your assertion that this is a later modification. I always like to see the modifications with the chest pockets moved to the sleeves and the cargo pockets moved up to the chest. In this example, the "in-board slanted" cargo pockets when moved to the chest are also a nice modification. A great piece! Thanks for sharing! Call me collect when you want to get rid of this one (smile) .......

Lance,

Glad you like the items! :thumbsup: We see a lot of 19th SFG items down this way since they are a short drive from where the surplus shop is located. I have picked up some great items over the years.

Thanks, guys. Someone asked me if the pocket closures were velcro or buttons. On this particular shirt, the pocket closures are buttons.

Thanks, guys. Someone asked me if the pocket closures were velcro or buttons. On this particular shirt, the pocket closures are buttons.

Arch

You never cease to amaze me

RD