Intermediate Flight suit, in ACU?

HoovieDude

Not sure about this being actual issue or not? It is part of the huge SF lot I inherited. There are a number of one piece coverall pieces in there, but this one has no nomex or fire retardent materials. Mixed polyester and cotton. Any ideas? Hopefully Hawk or the other Aviation folks will have an answer.

DSC02193-1.jpg

DSC02218-1.jpg

Not sure about this being actual issue or not? It is part of the huge SF lot I inherited. There are a number of one piece coverall pieces in there, but this one has no nomex or fire retardent materials. Mixed polyester and cotton. Any ideas? Hopefully Hawk or the other Aviation folks will have an answer.

DSC02193-1.jpg

DSC02218-1.jpg

It ain't nomex, so I doubt it being offical issue or meant to be used by the military. The A2CU is a 2 piece nomex flight suit used by the army.

This is a commercial copy that is routinely put out in varying camo patterns. The biggest give away is the smaller tag sewn in under the main tag, that is pure commercial. A real "nomex" flight suit will usually have Aramid or Poly Aramid fiber in the label.

This is a commercial copy that is routinely put out in varying camo patterns. The biggest give away is the smaller tag sewn in under the main tag, that is pure commercial. A real "nomex" flight suit will usually have Aramid or Poly Aramid fiber in the label.

Thanks. Interesting that is was issued to the individual though. :think: It was one of 4 different coveralls. A real issue tan suit, this one, a set of the CVC nomex and pair of the Woodland winter weight mechanics coveralls.

• 2 years later...
Johnny Signor

I have a the lower half of the Army A2CU , at first I thought it was a pair of the issue pants until I looked closer and saw the variations , than checked the tag, glad I found it !

johnny