Integrated Ballistic Helmet (IBH) made by ILC Dover....

AK101

I'd like to have one but they are super rare and expensive. The last and only one i've seen for sale was on eBay last month and it went for around $2500.00.

I'd like to have one but they are super rare and expensive. The last and only one i've seen for sale was on eBay last month and it went for around $2500.00.

Damn.....

Thanks, I guess it should go on ebay then

• 2 months later...

Anyone know who made the NVG mounting plate that is on this helmet?

I cannot seem to find one like it, nothing Wilcox or Norotos that I can find that matches it.

316th FS 324th FG
Anyone know who made the NVG mounting plate that is on this helmet?

I cannot seem to find one like it, nothing Wilcox or Norotos that I can find that matches it.

Check with solsys - he is a new member here and is the editor of Soldier Systems, so he may know.

Anders Heintz

Here's a couple of pics. The mount looks to be the same, the bracket in the pic looks to be a bit newer generation then that on the IBH.

post-5368-1298348556.jpg

post-5368-1298348569.jpg

I actually have a helmet but unfortunately it is not the one I was issued. We had to turn those in in 98 or 99 so that they could be transferred to the Navy as they had failed AF testing.

The helmets were originally designed by S-Tron of San Francisco for CCT and when they went into production they were built by ILC Dover who manufactures space suits.

AFAIK the mounts were not built by Wilcox but that is ultimately where the 3-hole mount design came from. From my understanding Wilcox was approached AFTER these helmets were introduced to manufacture new mounts for these helmets as well as the MICH and its variants.

• 5 months later...
I actually have a helmet but unfortunately it is not the one I was issued. We had to turn those in in 98 or 99 so that they could be transferred to the Navy as they had failed AF testing.

The helmets were originally designed by S-Tron of San Francisco for CCT and when they went into production they were built by ILC Dover who manufactures space suits.

AFAIK the mounts were not built by Wilcox but that is ultimately where the 3-hole mount design came from. From my understanding Wilcox was approached AFTER these helmets were introduced to manufacture new mounts for these helmets as well as the MICH and its variants.

Excellent info, thanks

• 10 years later...
On 2/24/2011 at 10:36 PM, solsys said:

Raising this from the dead.  Solsys, would you happen to have any info in regards to the IBH and wearing pro masks?   I recently got a comm harness that seems to be for the IBH to be used with pro masks.  Has a 97 or so special contract number and is made by the same company who made the original comm harness for the IBH.   I tried looking it up with the part number and couldnt find anything.