Ribbon ID requested

USMCRECON

I posted these in another thread in a reply to a question related a member seeking an ID of a dark blue ribbon that he had. I had mentioned that a friend of mine indicated the dark blue one (to right on the bottom ribbon bar below) with the two tarnished silver star devices, was a Nicaragua Medal of Merit. As I mentioned in the other post, there is another bar shat is supposed to go between the two pictured but I just was not able to put my hands on it when I took the photo. Since it was not critical to the question at hand I didn't expend a lot of time digging through all my ribbon files for it.

I also indicated I did not know what the other two ribbons on that particular bar were and that leads me to my question: It has a pin-back mount with open "C" clasp (like the one above it). Does anyone know what the left and center ribbons on the bottom row of the ribbons pictured bar (the blue one with yellow stripes and the yellow one with white and blue stripes) may be for?

post-1107-1188136461.jpg

Bill,

The bottom row are Penn. NG ribbons per WWII - The first one is 1936 Flood, 2nd one 1940 flood, and the 3rd is the Stewart medal for attendence.

The Navy Cross ribbon looks early (per WWII) It looks like to me that it could be a WWI Marine enlistedman who joind the Penn. NG after WWI. The missing bar could be WWI Victory, Croix De Guerre, and a Penn. WWI medal.

Semper Fi

Bill

Bill,

The bottom row are Penn. NG ribbons per WWII - The first one is 1936 Flood, 2nd one 1940 flood, and the 3rd is the Stewart medal for attendence.

The Navy Cross ribbon looks early (per WWII) It looks like to me that it could be a WWI Marine enlistedman who joind the Penn. NG after WWI. The missing bar could be WWI Victory, Croix De Guerre, and a Penn. WWI medal.

Semper Fi

Bill

Hi Bill. The Navy Cross ribbon is early, I believe the first version (WW-I) with a narrow white stripe. I have a WW-I uniform from a Corpsman who served with the 5th Marines in WW-I and it has the same type of Navy Cross ribbon. Thanks for the info on the (previously) unknown ribbons. I would never have guessed they were National Guard ribbons!

• 2 weeks later...