what price glory

koreamike

THEY ARE HARD AT IT AGAINE OH WHAT PRICE GLORY , GO TO

THIER WEB PAGE TO CHECK OUT THIER REPRO FLIGHT GEAR .

:crying: :crying: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

What's wrong with it? It is easily spotted as repro and there is certainly a market for repro gear. Are they any different than Jarnigan selling CW repros?

Tom

THEY ARE HARD AT IT AGAINE OH WHAT PRICE GLORY , GO TO

THIER WEB PAGE TO CHECK OUT THIER REPRO FLIGHT GEAR .

:crying: :crying: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

How about a link so we don't have to go searching for it.

What's wrong with it? It is easily spotted as repro and there is certainly a market for repro gear. Are they any different than Jarnigan selling CW repros?

Tom

Tom is right. There is a huge market for repro military uniforms and gear for the reenactor and living history market. Even museums will use a repro piece when an original item is not available. As long as the stuff is sold as reproductions and not being passed off as originals, there shouldn't be any problem.

I don't see any issue at all other than hearing that their repros sometimes leaving something to be desired.

I ordered a pair of his repro Resistol goggles and R-14(?) headset for a tanker helmet and I was surprized

at the quality and the price. The biggest surprize was that it arrived a week to the day that I placed the order

all the way from overseas to my door by DHL freight, with E-mail updates. It's going to be a shame when he

can't get those goggles anymore. He might be out now, been a while since I looked.

r

Tom is right. There is a huge market for repro military uniforms and gear for the reenactor and living history market. Even museums will use a repro piece when an original item is not available. As long as the stuff is sold as reproductions and not being passed off as originals, there shouldn't be any problem.

I have to agree. There is nothing wrong with reproductions of originals. Selling reproductions as originals, thus making them fakes, is a problem. Having been involved with living history, I completely understand the importance of reproduction equipment. It is also true that museums will often use reproductions for displays as originals aren't always available.

With WPG its "Luck of the Draw" as some of the stuff is poor, so so or even excellent. With the things Ive bought I can say I've had very good luck, with only some minor irritations. For Living history their stuff is very good overall.

WB

I've bought some leather items from them, M1905 scabbard, M1912 cavalry holster, and maybe some boots... scabbard was really nice, holster is perfect. Needed a good one for my .45 and a uniform I was putting together. Everything is CLEARLY marked WPG. What more can you ask of a manufacturer of reproduction stuff?

I've bought some leather items from them, M1905 scabbard, M1912 cavalry holster, and maybe some boots... scabbard was really nice, holster is perfect. Needed a good one for my .45 and a uniform I was putting together. Everything is CLEARLY marked WPG. What more can you ask of a manufacturer of reproduction stuff?

I've bought at least two sets of various kinds of boots some holsters, a Sam Browne, some other leather gear, some cavalry gear and canteens cups and covers from them and IMHO they are 1st rate. But also I bought a couple items of early web gear and the pouch sizing was not quite right. Like I said overall WPG = very good gear.

WB

• 2 weeks later...

Just FYI the Airborne and Special Operations museum in Fayetteville NC has displays with repro Jump uniforms and Repro parachutes as well as real ones. They are an official Army museum. Some collectors just cannot afford the real thing and the repro works fine for them. The problem arises when some unscrupulous collectors "Age" them or doctor them up and sell to a novice as an original. I am told that the US Army museum system has a large stock of original donated jump uniforms in a repository in Colorado that can be sent to other official US Arny museums. And No they won't sell them.

The original tone of this topic was a concern for WPG reproductions being passed off as original. Jerry seems to do a good job to insure that won't happen. For example, when his USN Mk1 life vest came out the cry went out concerning its being used by fakers. Then it was realized that real Mk1's have one CO2 cartridge hooked to the front bladder and one to the rear bladder. WPG's repop had both hooked to the front bladder. Hardly noticeable in a reenactment scenario nor on a mannequin but still instantly obvious that it is what it is, a reproduction. AFAIK, all of WPG's reproductions are similarly modified to prevent fakery.

I give him ten points for this.

Tom