WW2 Marine Detachment Londonderry patch

Patchcollector

Patchcollector

I just got this Marine Detachment Londonderry patch,finally!Man,I have been trying to get one of these for a long time. :wacko:

post-13386-1290566585.jpg

post-13386-1290566595.jpg

Patchcollector

Thanks,and the dang thing looks almost mint,I know this is'nt a real scarce patch,but it has been an elusive one for me.It seems like every time one came up for sale,

a bunch of people would jump on it and the price got too high.When I bid on this one,I fully expected to be outbid again,but finally I guess it was my turn to get one.

I'm learning that if I'm patient,sooner or later one's going to come around with my name on it!

I just got this Marine Detachment Londonderry patch,finally!Man,I have been trying to get one of these for a long time. :wacko:

That's very cool. it's in great shape. Congrats.

Patchcollector

Thanks Chcole1,now maybe I'll go on the hunt for a felt example :) :think: The quest for patches and their variations is unending! :D

Does a legit wool one even exist? The only ones I have seen were repros. Here is mine, embroidered on wool.

Thanks to normaninvasion: he pointed out an earlier thread that featured an identical patch with some provenance behind it.

I, too, would also like to see some more variations of the patch if they exist.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...;hl=londonderry

-Ski

post-3043-1290606777.jpg

post-3043-1290606783.jpg

Patchcollector

Thanks for the info and the link,Ski.I always thought that the wool ones were legit,just different materials.I too,would love to see more variations,if anyone has any more to display,please post them!

There are some felt repros out there too. One in particular that comes to mind has some sloppy looking embroidery, especially noticable on the misshappen shamrock and continents on the globe. There is also no gauze on the back of it.

• 1 year later...