Desert Night Camouflage

Littleguy

Will you be intending to sell these here in the for SALE Forum?

No. I don't sell anything personally. I manage the 4 warehouses for an army/navy store and I come across quite a bit of militaria.

The owners family has been in this business since 1948. Everyday is an adventure.

No. I don't sell anything personally. I manage the 4 warehouses for an army/navy store and I come across quite a bit of militaria.

The owners family has been in this business since 1948. Everyday is an adventure.

Wow, why don't you open a place in up here in NYC :lol: We could use a place like that here :D .

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, why don't you open a place in up here in NYC :lol: We could use a place like that here :D .

To be honest, I do not go anywhere with out a 45ACP somewhere on my person and New York isn't one of those places.

To be honest, I do not go anywhere with out a 45ACP somewhere on my person and New York isn't one of those places.

Bite the Big Apple.........Don't Mind the Maggots! :lol:

This jacket is on eBay right now and I wonder if anyone here ever saw a badged/patched example like this before? I have a hard time believing it was really worn, but maybe Ranger Rgt did something like this.

post-122639-0-99721900-1476895977_thumb.jpg

That UK flag backdrop is VERY familiar. Like Chase said, I wouldn't trust that seller. He is known to add patches to uniforms.

But adding SSI to night camo parka has been done by some units.

UKSF member from Task force Black in Iraq wearing reversible night desert to 3 colour jacket.

i fear they may be airsoft.

Anyway, commercial variants of the night camouflage were seen, from the early reversible tan/night desert Raven brand goretex parka seen worn by SF during desert storm to the subsequent DCU/Night desert worn untile the end of the BDU era.

I don't know why, but issue night desert parka was seen more than once worn by delta force soldiers early GWOT, like in this photo.

post-3807-0-75651100-1476990184_thumb.jpg

This photo is Mayflower Tactical Gear owner during his time in 5th SFG, wearing a tailored parka, which spawned a lot of copies around....don't think there's a legitimate one around, all copies.

post-3807-0-87824000-1476990198_thumb.jpg

There was a discussion about this photo and it came to conclusion that they were Rangers.

Ok cool, good to know. i could only find it IDed as 5th grp.

i fear they may be airsoft.

Anyway, commercial variants of the night camouflage were seen, from the early reversible tan/night desert Raven brand goretex parka seen worn by SF during desert storm to the subsequent DCU/Night desert worn untile the end of the BDU era.

I don't know why, but issue night desert parka was seen more than once worn by delta force soldiers early GWOT, like in this photo.

attachicon.gifpost-018.jpg

This photo is Mayflower Tactical Gear owner during his time in 5th SFG, wearing a tailored parka, which spawned a lot of copies around....don't think there's a legitimate one around, all copies.

attachicon.gifMayflowerCAGwithnightcamoparkainIra.jpg

I'll go so far as to say I'm 100% confident the UKSF picture is not air-soft, the B SQN patch is one we made for 22 back then.

I will also say the guy wearing the parka is most likely CAG not UKSF like i said before.

they look toy-ish to me (expecially the rifles, a plastic ziptie on a rail isn't at risk of melting?), if your concern is for the patch they have been replicated and easily available. The "british" guy wearing a paraclete bdu is new for me....also isn't the blue key supposed to be romoved from the anpeq-2 to work?

Anyway......this is the early commercial Tan/night desert parka seen used by special forces in kuwait city. There's a full set of photos, these are the only ones you can actually see the inside

post-3807-0-80523600-1477034408.jpgpost-3807-0-23112400-1477034573.jpg

coll pics, especially the dude with the AK.

In regards to the CAG/UKSF pic, yes like most patches those B SQN ones have been reproduced but its pretty accurate to know B SQn was part of task force black.

As for the Zip tie, i guess it would be ok unless you went to sustained fire but some one with more M4 knowledge would know. Im not sure about the PEQ having never used one.

If you mean Paraclete body Armour, UKSF where and in some cases still are using it. If the pic is air-soft its really good.

I've got a pic some place of a modified ND parka used by SASR, ill try find it to post.

• 1 month later...

UKSF member from Task force Black in Iraq wearing reversible night desert to 3 colour jacket.

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but these boys are airsofters or chairsofters.

Best

Martin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...