Everyman's War movie

nicolas75

Hello to All

I'm searching for someone who could help me to watch the film "Everyman's War"

I could not find these film in French langage (or Canadian, it's the same)

I think there is zone limitation bug ? (sorry if i'm not up to date with those things ...)

Thanks for your help

I can't help you, but I thought I'd share the fact that I was one of the"extras" in this movie. I'm driving my WC-52 in a couple scenes.

Hi all

A friend reach to get me it

Although there was no subtitles, i was able to catch 90% of what was said

I have to say it's weel done and can be seen as how were the frontline rather than a movie indeed (although the Panzer attack by example are awfully done). From begining to end it's pretty well done

I think the producer Thad Smith mad it for his grand dad Staff Sgt Smith , he has done a real good job for his grandd dad, congrats

I rented the movie and had high hopes for it. I was impressed at how they turned Fort Stevens Oregon into “the West Wall” and the “Sub pens at St Nazaire” digitally. I live in this area and recognized most of the locations. Otherwise, it’s just like all the other low-budget WW2 movies being made these days. Too many lengthy close-ups of bad actors, a plot that doesn’t go anywhere and nothing really that “grabs” at the viewer. These films all look like re-enactment group promotional films (which I have no issue with but at least those films don’t pretend to have a plot). I wonder if anyone involved in films like this ever stops and says, “Hey, is anyone going to notice there’s really no appreciable plot to this movie?”

I knew that when “Saints and Soldiers” did reasonably well that there would be a flood of similar (but more poorly done) films, and this is just like the majority of them. It’s worth one viewing, and you’ll quickly forget it afterward.

I watched the trailer and looked at the stills. Maybe the movie is different, but everything looks too clean! You live out in the field for awhile and I guarantee you're going to get grubby! The vehicles were spotless, including an M3 scout car which wouldn't be accurate for late war U.S. equipment. Just a thought.

• 1 month later...

I think willysmb44 and gunbunny hit it right on the spot. I had some hope for this film but after one view I had seen it. Too clean and some obvious mistakes, the terrain didn't really resemble the Sinz/Nennig area. Apart from a few good shots, the bad acting made it a bummer.

One remark towards gunbunny: I know of a 94th guy, was with 301st FA who drove a M3 scout car when he got wounded in early march 1945.

• 5 weeks later...

For those who are interested. The same One-Eighty Films is currently making a movie out of William Foley Jr. war time memoire 'Visions from a Foxhole'. I just hope they make something better out of this one.

For those who are interested. The same One-Eighty Films is currently making a movie out of William Foley Jr. war time memoire 'Visions from a Foxhole'. I just hope they make something better out of this one.
Oh God, say it ain’t so! I loved the book and have a strong interest in war artists. I’d hate to see them make a movie like their last one out of this book. I’m really tempted to contact them to see if I can assist as I have also heard they’re doing a war correspondent film, but then again I’m not sure I’d want my name attached to anything else they make if their others films were like their first one.

• 4 months later...
wwIIfighterpilots

I actually thought it was decent for a low-budget independent film, better than a lot of the big-bucks nonsense Hollywood has put out.

Got the DVD recently and it is a decent movie.

It's worth watching as it is about a battle that isn't in the spotlights like Normandy or the Ardennes.

As said before; a bit better than some of the Hollywood cr.p.

Erwin