AMPHIBIOUS ASSAULT SHIP

Sergesquadron

Sergesquadron

Hello,

My colection of patche AMPHIBIOUS ASSAULT SHIP, someone of it is ship came in France has Marseille, I was lucky to visit them.

Serge

post-9605-1290418891.jpg

Sergesquadron
Hello,

My colection of patche AMPHIBIOUS ASSAULT SHIP, someone of it is ship came in France has Marseille, I was lucky to visit them.

Serge

post-9605-1290419063.jpg

post-9605-1290419081.jpg

post-2104-1290440215.jpg

Loved the "Gators! USS Nashville (LPD-13) was my last ship before retireing from the Navy. Here are the other "Gators I served on. USS St. Louis (LKA-116). In the Pacific. An over the side Assault cargo ship. We carried Assault boats (LCM-8, LCM-6, LCPL). We put the boats over the side and Marines climbed down cargo nets like in the movies. Served as boat Signalman and Leading Signalman.

Steve Hesson

post-2104-1290440380.jpg

USS Pensacola (LSD-38). Served as Operations Leading Chief. went to Operation Desert Shield/Storm in this ship. Visited Marsellies too. This ship was a "Well Decker" and we handeled the LCACs and LCU boats along with LCVPs and LCPLs.

Steve Hesson

post-2104-1290440513.jpg

US Naval Amphibious Base Little Creek VA. I was shortly assigned to the staff of Amphibious Squadron 10 (PHIBRON-10) here. The LSD and LSTs and ASUs are here.

Steve Hesson

Sergesquadron
post-2104-1290440380.jpg

USS Pensacola (LSD-38). Served as Operations Leading Chief. went to Operation Desert Shield/Storm in this ship. Visited Marsellies too. This ship was a "Well Decker" and we handeled the LCACs and LCU boats along with LCVPs and LCPLs.

Steve Hesson

Hello Sigsaye,

Yes ships came has Marseille, a lot of visit on ships during thirty years I bought patches in store of the ships of the NAVY, any sorts of ships LST, LPD, LSD, LKA, CG, FFG, LPH in ....... ect.

Serge :thumbsup:

Patchcollector

Nice stuff Serge! :twothumbup: I like to collect unusual unit patches,I just got one of these,I have never seen this unit before,it's the Navy Deep Sea Survival School unit patch.

post-13386-1290454817.jpg

Sergesquadron
Nice stuff Serge! :twothumbup: I like to collect unusual unit patches,I just got one of these,I have never seen this unit before,it's the Navy Deep Sea Survival School unit patch.

Hello Patchcollector,

very nice patch :thumbsup:

Serge