WWII Airborne Command certificate and manual

Manchu Warrior

Manchu Warrior
post-1412-1188018162.jpgI picked this Airborne Command manual and certificate up a couple of years ago. I also have other paper work with the officers name on it but I have buried it somewhere, I know you guys cannot relate, right? I also have his uniform jacket but it is buried in a closet. I am wondering if these items are common or rare. The manual says reproduced at the 1st Airborne Infantry Brigade Ft Meade South Dakota and is dated 1943. Thanks John

Hey Manchu,

As a jump/glider wing document collector I also have one of those glider documents. My hunch is that they are to 13th Airborne guys for I've seen them in other groups as well. Is yours dated? Mine the date was left blank but I have the original GO for my document and your guy might be on there as well. The GO is dated 44.

I should add that is a pretty cool group!

Manchu Warrior

There is a seal that you cannot see in the photo that says, if I am reading it correctly, Mead Marterg (?) Airborne Center Official Seal but there is no date. I do have other paper work on the officer, his discharge papers etc., but I cannot locate them at this time. I do remember that there was paper work for extra pay for glider service and I believe it was in the Philippines. I put these items in a big top loader and stuck the folder in with the other paper work in a box some where and I know I still have it but it might take me a year or two to find it, just kidding just six months. When I do I will pass the info on to you. Thanks