Welcome to the re enactor sub forum

2ad82recon

Thanks board admin and board upper echelon for our own re enactors sub section.So we dont confuse collecting and re enacting , i feel that we collectors/re enactors and living historians will benefit from this sub section because i know the lines are blurred in some cases, we use this as an info exchange and reference section also a meeting point and place to share re enacting info and photos and not clog up any of the "collector" boards.

Any ideas welcomed....to make this the place for quality re enactment info and friendly invitation and participation

Feel we use the KISS princible of Keep It Simple Stupid here.

So lets hear ya..what units you re enact and any ideas for "our" section

Regards

Lloyd

E Company, 36th Armored Infantry, 3rd Armored Divsion.

Our website is: http://36thair3ad.homestead.com/36AIR_MainPage.html

Please take the time to look at the Original Photos section. There are a lot of previously unpublished photos on the site, and more on the way. I am very proud of this section, and even prouder of the opportunity to contact the veterans and their families.

I am becoming less involved in the reenacting aspects and more involved in collecting, but I agree with Lloyd that sometimes the lines are very indistinct.

I know a lot of collectors kind of look down their noses at reenactors, and sometimes it is justified, but in defense of reenacting, all the veterans I have met that have been exposed to reenacting are very thankful that someone remembers and cares. That makes it worthwhile to me.

Steve

I try to educate folk that there was more than 1 D-Day during ww2,I do living history not Re-enactment but collect first..

Presently i'm trying to push the war in the mto as it seem to be forgotten.

Cheers,

Dave.

Thanks HQ and Steve and Dave....

Dave i know very well and is a good friend of mine is instrumental here in the UK along with the "Black Devils" Living History Group educating the public that Americas sons were fighting and dying in another theatre of war apart from Normandy..

big credit to ya mate....feel free to post a link to the unit and some pictures

Regards

Lloyd

• 1 year later...
Guest buzzard517

Fox Company, 517 PRCT.

The unit I have taken charge of used to do HQ 502d and HQ 503d, but we are reorganizing and focusing on the 517th. This is an extremely interesting unit and seldom known about by the public. We would like to bring this unit, as well as, the entire campaign in Southern France and the Maritime Alps, to light.

Our wbsite is www.battlingbuzzards.org.