Any Info on these appreciated

elbertson

I have one of these jackets (Jacket, Man's, Water Repellent, AG274) that I bought around 35 years or so ago. They were worn with army class B khakis as a sort of wind breaker/light rain jacket. Mine has a Stuart label on the inside pocket, and it's a 40L...I can't remember if I bought it at the PX stateside or where, but I know it wasn't initial issue to me. I was wondering what years these were made, authorized for wear, etc.

I would like to pick one up in 44 or 46L...mine is in good shape but I'd like one to put away with my uniform that would actually fit me these days.

I remember that the bright brass rank insignia was worn on the collar.

Thanks in advance, when I get the chance I will post some pictures of it if it would help.

Hi elbertson. I posted a jacket which sounds very like the description of yours on the forum some months ago. Initially there was some debate over it being "military-issue"...it was suggested it could have been a law-enforcement item. However, a forum member who also happened to be an ex-serviceman, stepped in and said it was definitely "G.I" as he wore a similar one in garrison-mode back in the late 70s. I believe the AG variety was replaced by a similar black version? I'd be interested to see the pics of yours if you post them.

Sabrejet :thumbsup:

Thanks, Sabrejet...I just found that thread doing a google search...search function here yielded no results. Yes, these jackets were definitely GI...

I wore mine in the '70s and they were quite common wear at that time stateside. I just couldn't remember the details on where I got it...clothing sales sounds about right. Mine looks just like the picture of the one in that thread, with different labeling. I probably should post in that thread to conserve continuity, and I'll definitely take some pictures. I will probably end up posting it in the trade forum to see if I can swap it for a larger one.

Thanks, Sabrejet...I just found that thread doing a google search...search function here yielded no results. Yes, these jackets were definitely GI...

I wore mine in the '70s and they were quite common wear at that time stateside. I just couldn't remember the details on where I got it...clothing sales sounds about right. Mine looks just like the picture of the one in that thread, with different labeling. I probably should post in that thread to conserve continuity, and I'll definitely take some pictures. I will probably end up posting it in the trade forum to see if I can swap it for a larger one.

Roger that elbertson! You actually found that old thread?! I did a quick search myself but to no avail. Never thought of googling it! You can re-activate it by copy/pasting the URL here.

Sabrejet :thumbsup: