A Guy Named Joe

Lightning Ace

Lightning Ace

I'm still anxiously waiting for the TCM Channel to put "A Guy Named Joe" out on DVD. I guess I better start religiously

emailing them again and maybe they'll produce one for me before I'm old enough to be committed to a nursing home. If any of you want to help me it would be greatly appreciated.

• 1 year later...
history-buff1944

I'm still anxiously waiting for the TCM Channel to put "A Guy Named Joe" out on DVD. I guess I better start religiously

emailing them again and maybe they'll produce one for me before I'm old enough to be committed to a nursing home. If any of you want to help me it would be greatly appreciated.

Recently released on DvD and is available on the WB website.

I have that film on VHS, bought over 20 years ago.

Interesting bit of trivia on that movie. My next door neighbor back in the mid-90's was a WWII B-25 pilot, served in the Med. His squadron commander was Ted Lawson's co-pilot (30 Sec Over Tokyo) on the Doolittle mission. He said that some of the extras used in A Guy Named Joe were the REAL Doolittle Raiders, after they got back to the USA!

Note that Van Johnson and Spencer Tracy were the stars of 30 Sec Over Tokyo, so I find this very believable.

Lightning Ace

If I remember correctly the Navigator in the movie on Van Johnsons B-25 was an original Doolittle Raider.

Lightning Ace

Last year when I went up to the Olympic Flight Museum in Olympia, Washington to get my ride in a B-25, Doolittle Raider, Edward Saylor was there and luckily I took my Thirty Seconds Over Tokyo book with me and I had him sign it.

history-buff1944

Last year when I went up to the Olympic Flight Museum in Olympia, Washington to get my ride in a B-25, Doolittle Raider, Edward Saylor was there and luckily I took my Thirty Seconds Over Tokyo book with me and I had him sign it.

Ill have to check but--I think I still have his personal address as well as those of a few other Raiders and Memphis Belle crew. Id like to get some signed pics from them as well as the MoH guys addys I have. If I still have these? and anyone is interested? let me know. Ill start looking tonight and see if I still have them?