Show your WWII Soldiers Photographs

Ricardo

In this one we see Cpl Edward Krzyzanoski, 2nd Armored Amphibian Battalion, 5th Marine Division, in a formal portrait with his son after coming home from the war. Cpl Krzyzanoski served with the 2nd Amtanks in the campaign for Iwo Jima. He poses with his son also decked out similarly.

post-34986-0-95538000-1376679494.jpg

One Pfc Joseph Pagac in formal portrait sometime in 1944 wearing at set of Blues, he served with Company C, 1st Marine Parachute Battalion in the Solomons. The shoulder sleeve insignia of the I Marine Amphibious Corps Parachute Units is on the shoulder. He later served with H Company, 3rd Battalion, 26th Marines, 5th Marine Division on Iwo.

post-34986-0-45914900-1376679825.jpg

USCapturephotos

This is my Uncle, Randell Tarpley from Saltillo,MS. He was in the 70th Div., was at the Battle of the Bulge and went thru Dachau camp. Received the Bronze Star, was really fond of a 30 cal.machine gun.

tarpley2.jpg

tarpley1.jpg

Thats a great shot of the Sherman with extra wire mesh on the turret. Wonder if that was attached so it was easy to hang extra equipment and such?

Paul

USCapturephotos

Another one. To the right the original owner of one of the M1 helmets in my collection. Hope you like them Ricardo.

Hi Ricardo. I love the real photo postcard portraits of the GI's with helmets. Yes, I agree those are much harder to find. I have maybe 7 or 8 in my collection. Thanks for sharing! That format is starting to become a popular collectible in the WW2 photo collecting realm.

Paul

I've decided that I would start slowly showing my studio portrait collection. Here is an unidentified trooper from the 377th FA Bn 101st Abn Div. The original portrait show a star on his jump wings.

post-4651-0-79345000-1377457565.jpg

USCapturephotos

Nice pics 355th! Thanks for sharing. I have been meaning to post some of mine on this forum but just haven't yet. I focus on GI snapshots holding their war souvenirs but have also started heartily looking for nice real photo postcard portrait shots. Take care and keep showing your great collection!

Paul

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

post-34986-0-17203300-1426046302.jpg

Found this interesting portrait of one Seaman Stanley Levine, could be a formal or informal portrait, Pea Coat coat up and all.

post-34986-0-06755500-1426050187.jpg

An excellent portrait of a 28th Infantry 8th Infantry Division GI, one Carl Dinkler,of Clarksburg Ohio. photo most likely taken sometime in 1942. He was wounded in Brittany.

gauthieb3sxz

One of my best Tuskegee portraits. It's actually the original large format negative that I purchased when a photo studio in Ohio closed down. I instantly recognized him as pilot Luther Smith.

post-10756-0-00112400-1426093926.jpg

Very nice pickup Brennan! Just love it.

Mike

One of my best Tuskegee portraits. It's actually the original large format negative that I purchased when a photo studio in Ohio closed down. I instantly recognized him as pilot Luther Smith.

This is one of my favorite photos. This is PFC Robert W. Baker who was first assigned to the 86th Division, but was sent to the Pacific and assigned to Company B, 19th Infantry, 24th Infantry Division. He saw extensive combat as a rifleman and messenger and took part in 3-4 combat assualts including the first wave on Leyte Island in the Philippines.

sfcmacpost-10333-0-31535200-1426350232.jpg

blitzkrieg gsd

Here's a studio pre war era photo of my family heroes. My grandfather and his twin brother Mike and Ike both made the D Day invasion only one made it off the beach that day my grandfather. This picture has hung in the family home since I can remember and is the most treasured item of mine. post-10550-0-95054100-1426533902.jpg

This is PFC Murray E. Bussard of Company C, 19th Marines, 3rd Marine Division. The 19th Marines were engineers and the 1st Bn, which included Co. C, was assigned to support the 3rd Marines, 3rd Marine division on Bougainville. Murray participated in that operation. He is alive and well and a very good friend.

sfcmacpost-10333-0-44453600-1426550968.jpg

This is PVT Walter L. Sims while a member of the 513th PIR when it was assigned to the 13th AB. Later the 513th was transferred to the 17th AB and in late December 1944 was sent to the Battle of the Bulge area. On 4 Jan 1945 they were committed to combat and PVT Sims was killed on that first day of combat. He served in Company C, 513th PIR, 17th AB.post-10333-0-61236700-1426551356.jpg

I found this image a couple of years ago while digging through my late grandparents papers. It's the only image I can find of my Grandfather in uniform.

Another unexpected and wonderful find during my expedition was all of the letters my Grandfather sent my Grandmother. One letter was written on the back of one of his aircraft identification tests. I wonder how that got past the sensors?

1944_GMartin_Navy01_2_50.jpg

1944_GMartin_Navy01_2_50_1.jpg