Show your WWII Soldiers Photographs

Ricardo

Here are some pics of my Grandfather 767th FA Bn and my Great Uncle 79th ID 304th Med Bn. They met up in France/Germany. Anybody know what kind of tracked vehicle that is in the back ground?

The one on the right looks like a gun tractor.

Probably an M5 High-Speed Tractor.

Erwin

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

post-1963-1309158026.jpg

Major Roy Ellis-Brown, Operations Officer, 325th Photographic Wing (Reconnaissance), High Wycombe, England, ca. June 1945.

shocktrooper15

509th PIB Trooper, somewhere in Europe. Probably Belgium. Photos dated: April 1945. It is stamped on the back "NOT FOR PUBLICATION". Not sure why?

post-9086-1309188550.jpg

post-9086-1309188559.jpg

• 4 months later...

This is Lt.Robert Gray "Jonesy"Jones of Fayetteville,North Carolina.He flew P-47s with 512th Fighter Sq.,406th Fighter Gp.and had two confirmed kills.Sadly,He was shot down and was KIA on 6 August,1944 near Dreux,France.

rgj_002.JPG

Two of my Uncles in WWII:Sitting on left...Pvt.Goodman Alexander Wilson-5th MarDiv USMC and on the right...Pvt.Roy Clark Wilson of the 8th Armored Div.

wilson_002.JPG

My father, "Joe" Brown, after completing training in 1944. I've seen the exact same pose and background in another studio photo of someone who enlisted about the same time.

post-54142-1323044230.jpg