Show your WWII Soldiers Photographs

Ricardo

Hi,

More images ... Jack Novey B17F Gunner - 96th Bomb Group - 337th Bomb Squadron - 8AAF.

PS. Your airplane 'BLACK HAWK' B-17F-90-BO 42-30180 ... nose art by Sgt Johnnie White - 96th Bomb Group Snetterton Heath, England.

post-22-0-17118600-1400623577.jpg

Here's one:

May2_42_Polk.jpg

First Sergeant and Mrs. Petrovich on their wedding day. Walter and Amelia were married on May 2, 1942 in the post chapel at Camp Polk, Louisiana. Amelia worked in a war plant in the Los Angeles, California area while her husband served overseas.

This photo can be found on my website at: http://36thair3ad.homestead.com/HQ3dBn36thAIR.html

Steve

Greg Sebring

I have a lot of photos my dad took and brought back. I have posted them on other sites and don't want to repeat the process and hog the space. I will post one my dad likes. It's of his gun section on a firing mission during the Bulge. He caught the field piece in the battery position (re-coil). The 319th G.F.A. used the 75mm pack howitzer.

Greg

post-118-1167700599.jpg

I dont know if you can make out what is written on the front of this pic, it says

"movie star" and on the reverse it says... cadet buddy Joe Marcoux, played in "God is my co-pilot" then he wrote UGH! Hot Pilot

Oh, by the way all these are copies of photos from a grouping I have from Capt. Dale A. Wesenberg B-17 pilot 15th AAF, 2nd BG, 49th Sq.

post-117-1167704875.jpg

Photo of 1st Lt Kenneth K. Yap. He was a pilot with the 457th BG, 8th AAF . He is Chinese-American and was originally from Hawaii.

Kurt

yap1.JPG

Photo of 2nd Lt Edward Saleck of the 455th BG, 15th AAF , taken free of charge by the Luftwaffe.

Kurt

Saleck1.jpg

Here are my contributions... all of these soldiers were from Pennellville/Phoenix, NY. The pictures are from my Grandma's photo album.

Adam

post-101-1167709254.jpg

Another of Grant Delong, he was my grandpa's neighbor after the war, and my dad and Grant's daughter used to read comics in the attic while they spent time together.

post-101-1167709507.jpg

This is John Thompson, my grandpa and grandma's best friend before, during, and after the war, he was "one of those guys who lit up a room."

post-101-1167709561.jpg