WWI Poncho

hawkdriver

Back in June, I purchased this baby from a guy that was selling it on eBay and then pulled it because he was afraid that it was going to sell for way less than it was worth. A quick email and an honest offer made it mine. Here are some pictures of it now that I have it in my possession. I wanted to take these pictures before it gets put into the collection.

2vjzc5s.jpg

dgkprt.jpg

2qixs2t.jpg

k4wf36.jpg

15389ao.jpg

Cool! Sorry if this sounds stupid, but are these rare? Dont think I have ever seen one posted here before.

Nice find.

Justin

This is the only example that I have ever seen. I don't even remember seeing one in the WWI museum when I was there. I have never heard anyone mention that they have one. If anyone else has one, would like to see pictures of it.

They are not growing on trees, but they seem to appear fairly often on Ebay. I acquired one several years ago without much looking. Like you, I'll get it out of the "collection" to photograph and post.

They are not growing on trees, but they seem to appear fairly often on Ebay. I acquired one several years ago without much looking. Like you, I'll get it out of the "collection" to photograph and post.

Interesting, I was looking for one for two years before I found this one.

Interesting, I was looking for one for two years before I found this one.

As you were. I may have been thinking of Shelter Tents when I typed that. I appreciate my Poncho more, now.