First Sergeant Peter P. Tolusciak USMC

teufelhunde.ret

• 2 weeks later...
One of the first reciepients of the DSC and possibly the only Marine to have been awarded Poland's highest military decoration. His story is told in current issue of "Fortitudine" from History and Museums Division... enjoy!

http://www.tecom.usmc.mil/HD/PDF_Files/Pub...35%20No%203.pdf

Nice article and that's very good that one of the best researchers of the Polish Air Force of 2nd Republic of Poland, Dr Tomasz Kopański, took part in preparation of this article.

I checked if Tolusciak was mentioned in various materials prepared by Poland in 1939 for the New York World's Fair when the US-Polish military traditions were described but there is lack of P. P. Tolusciak there unfortunately.

teufelhunde.ret
Nice article and that's very good that one of the best researchers of the Polish Air Force of 2nd Republic of Poland, Dr Tomasz Kopański, took part in preparation of this article.

Without his participation in this story - it would not have been possible to do!

I hope it was not the first and last cooperation between Dr Tomasz Kopański and the US Marine Corps History Division. There is no big number of the experts in the field of military aviation of the 2nd Republic of Poland, i.e. democratic Poland that existed between 1918 and 1945. I would say that there are four such experts but only two of them are normal and emotionally balanced. Two of these men are in permanent public conflict between them but two others -- Dr Tomasz Kopański and Dr Wojciech Mazur -- are top class and competent men in the subject mentioned. I would wish the USMC HD to cooperate with the last two men mentioned.