Show your flashlight batteries

hawkdriver

In a previous post, I had found a pair of early military batteries that I was going to put into my Vietnam flashlight. Here are my three sets of batteries that I have in my military flashlights. The first set are 1939 Winchester batteries. The second set is 1945 dated Eveready. The third is the military Eveready that are early Vietnam era. The fourth is a set of 80's dated C cell batteries.

spvku8.jpg

This last set of pictures of the battery that came in my WWI trench torch.

This is the battery as it is inside the flashlight

jfadzk.jpg

The back side of the battery

992bec.jpg

The contacts for the battery

2hmeqes.jpg

The side of the battery.

mhcdbp.jpg

Very nice. I have no vintage batteries. Wonder how long such batteries would have stood up compared to today's comparable items?

Thanks for sharing.

Dave

KC

Hopefully this one is ok to post. It was found at a cache site in Cambodia by an infantryman of 2nd Battalion, 12th Infantry during the 1970 incursion. Could of been put in captured US flashlights by the communists or taken by GIs to use in their own.

battery.jpgbattery2.jpg

Here's my Sept '43 dated BA-30.

post-61-1289447133.jpg

post-61-1289447137.jpg

post-61-1289447142.jpg

Holy Smokes, I was wondering when the military started using government labeled batteries. Guess 43 is the earliest now. Thanks for that picture.

I found a bunch they were slightly corroding on the tips and I tossed them out.

I figured the darn things would be leaking all over my stuff.

The outside was darn near perfect, and they came out of stuff in the 1940's.

They were in great shape except the top corrosion.

• 2 weeks later...

A little late to the party but here are a pair of my batteries.

I have a yellow pair as in the above post, but they are burred in a box somewhere.

Surprisingly one of these actually still puts out enough current to be useful. If only the second one did as well they may well have been usable...

post-1309-1290637614.jpg

What is the date on these?

A little late to the party but here are a pair of my batteries.

I have a yellow pair as in the above post, but they are burred in a box somewhere.

Surprisingly one of these actually still puts out enough current to be useful. If only the second one did as well they may well have been usable...

post-1309-1290637614.jpg

• 1 year later...

Under reproductions a fellow asked if they were making reproduction flashlight ba-30 batteries because he thought that old batteries from the Vietnam era were not available. I replied that they were out there and then decided to post a few of my WWII batteries.. did a search and found this old thread. TL122-A with USALite Batteries, no date on bottom but use before Sept 1944.

post-2641-1334673348.jpg

Manchu Warrior

Jeez, now I have to start looking at every battery that I see. With that said, they are pretty cool.

Here are some BA30's ... most have already been shown but one of the early batteries has a tag on it prior to when they actually started printing the nomenclature on the battery.

From left to right top pairs ... Feb 44, May 44, use before Sept 44. Bottom row... use before Jul 44...(im sure these were used by a paratrooper in Normandy :}, couple of different batteries and not a pair ... first dated Apr 1942 and the other May 1942.. then the two double A's.. 1941 and 1942... don't see them often...

as I told the fellow looking for reproductions.. keep checking old military flashlights as some still have the batteries with them.

regards,

CC

Here are some BA30's ... most have already been shown but one of the early batteries has a tag on it prior to when they actually started printing the nomenclature on the battery.

From left to right top pairs ... Feb 44, May 44, use before Sept 44. Bottom row... use before Jul 44...(im sure these were used by a paratrooper in Normandy :}, couple of different batteries and not a pair ... first dated Apr 1942 and the other May 1942.. then the two double A's.. 1941 and 1942... don't see them often...

as I told the fellow looking for reproductions.. keep checking old military flashlights as some still have the batteries with them.

regards,

CC

oops... forgot the pic.. sorry

post-2641-1334674194.jpg

Thank you. You have some very nice batteries too. I would like to find a beacon 355 battery for my WW1 Eagle snap Army Beacon light similar to yours. Thanks for posting

post-2641-1334677508.jpg

• 3 months later...