Need a good replica (non firing) M16A2 for a project this year. Currently have a good replica M16A1, but not an A2.

Couple of problems though. In order to comply with our requirements and the very strict UK laws, and be legal for import the following will have to apply:

Must be metal. Must have functioning mechanism (ie can be cocked and dry fired) mags must be removable. Genuine GI furniture would be nice, but not essential. This can always be replaced at a later date. Airsoft is no good.

However, no genuine functioning bolt, recievers, barrels or tension bearing mechanism are to be used. Basically all these parts cannot be included if manufactured for use with a working rifle. Used GI is out of the question. No demilled weaponary allowed.

Those made of lightweight alloys, or alluminium and designed for a replica would be ok.

My M16A1 is made by either MGC or Marushin (can't remember which).

If they made an M16A2 rifle, I would simply buy that, as it would meet all my requirements and be fully legal.

Have found this site selling what they claim is a replica M16A2, but it like an M16 with A2 grips to me. Also, not sure I ould trust a site that claims the M16 was used in WW2!

http://www.a2armory.com/m16a2.html

All input welcome.

Thanks,

Possum

WWW.FAAA.ME.UK

"Now if there’s one thing you can be sure of, it’s that nothing is more powerful than a young boys wish.
Except an Apache helicopter, an Apache helicopter has machine guns and missiles. It is an unbelievably impressive compliment of weaponry. An absolute death machine."

Would a GI 'training device' -- AKA 'rubber ducky' suffice? These are outwardly identical with partial GI parts -- used for drill purposes, bayonet training, etc.

G

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Possibly. Could you PM/Email me some info about these?

WWW.FAAA.ME.UK

"Now if there’s one thing you can be sure of, it’s that nothing is more powerful than a young boys wish.
Except an Apache helicopter, an Apache helicopter has machine guns and missiles. It is an unbelievably impressive compliment of weaponry. An absolute death machine."

Why not get a WA style Gas Blow back airsoft replica, they can be stripped down like the real thing and even dry fired with recoil, so long as no one sees the top of the magazine your pretty set.

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

Why not get a WA style Gas Blow back airsoft replica, they can be stripped down like the real thing and even dry fired with recoil, so long as no one sees the top of the magazine your pretty set.

I was thinking the same thing... my son and I went to a shop selling airsoft weapons about a year ago... I was really impressed with some of the quality of some of them.

Gil Burket
Omaha, NE
Specializing in Fakes and Reproductions
of the Vietnam War

burkcats@hotmail.com

"One is easily fooled by that which one loves."

Moliere: Tartuffe

donation2017.gif

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

I want to get one of those 'dummy' '16's for my CUCV...just haven't had the money thus far.

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gif
donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

After having a double bypass this past year, it's time to downsize and pass along much of my 'stuff'. I've had my fun, now it is someone elses turn.

Some of the airsoft guns have metal receivers and can be upgraded with actual firearm furniture.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.