Post your own ribbons/medals

stingerwooten

stingerwooten

Since the original thread disappeared, I figured we might as well start anew and repost on old topic. Here, let me begin;

MyRack.jpg

The one was taken down because some keyboard commandos decided it was their mission to make forum members post paperwork to prove they earned their decorations.

If that happens this time, the commando(s) will be banned and the thread deleted.

Other than that, have fun :evilgrin:

Here's mine!

I didn't bother showing my Army Recruiter Badge (otherwise known as the "License to Lie" or the "Shield of Shame"! :thumbdown: )

John

Dadsribbons.jpg

Not sure if this will work or not..LOL.

I just retired from the Air National Guard...after 3 years with them. Spent almost 14 years Active and Reserve USMC....and another 3 in the Army Reserve...LOL.

My only interesting story is the Air Force Achievement Medal...got that while in the Marine Corps, for giving a brief to the Chief of Staff to the Philippine Air Force during Excercise Cope Thunder at Clark AB in 1987.

I may be missing a few ribbons on the rack but this is the best I can remember. Since the Marine Corps doesn't let you wear AF/Army ribbons...I can never figure out what I'm supposed to wear, when. LOL

I've also got Basic Para wings (while in the USMC), and the Basic Medical Badge from the Air Guard.

post-271-1289267644.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Jason, when someone finds a ribbon rack of yours 50 years from now, they're going to post it on this forum and someone's going to say, "That's a put together..."

:D

OOOhhhhhh my, look at all those stars! :thumbsup: ;):lol:

A virtual galaxy going on there Ski!

Ha! Just more stuff to fall off after a couple beers at the Ball! :rolleyes:

Semper,

Ski

Impressive!

What website did you use to build your rack?

Thanks, Dave! I used www.usmedals.com . Unfortunately, once you build them, you can't save the page, only the individual ribbon images. SO, I had to cut and paste each ribbon, star, etc and save using Microsoft Paint. Long process (slow day at work, thankfully)...

Now show yours! :thumbsup:

Semper!

Ski

I've been knocking around for all long time. I couldn't find a rack builder with the Civilian GWOT Service Medal. Mike

post-1038-1291402748.png

Thanks, Dave! I used www.usmedals.com . Unfortunately, once you build them, you can't save the page, only the individual ribbon images. SO, I had to cut and paste each ribbon, star, etc and save using Microsoft Paint. Long process (slow day at work, thankfully)...

To make it easier next time you need to do something like that, all you have to do is press "print screen" and you can save the entire page, go to a paint program or something similar and cut out the image you want.

I've been knocking around for all long time. I couldn't find a rack builder with the Civilian GWOT Service Medal. Mike

Mike - what's the one to the right of your Army Achievement Medal?

post-8488-1291412975.jpg

Here's mine again. When I croak my daughter gets all my military stuff plus the paperwork. She'll need it when someone says "Who made that mess up" :rolleyes:

Cheers:

Paul

Salome, AZ

Here's a pic of my minis. DD214 and 215 on hand. :thumbsup: :rolleyes:

352320585.jpg

LOL!

Your photos are not showing up on my computer. Is there a way you can post them directly to the site?

Jason, when someone finds a ribbon rack of yours 50 years from now, they're going to post it on this forum and someone's going to say, "That's a put together..."

:D

LOL!!! Yeah, I look at it and sometimes think the same thing :)