Let's see your Black/African-American Related Militaria

Collector5516

Manchu Warrior

I have this manual "Leadership and the Negro Soldier" that is dated 1944. I also have one, that I can't locate at this time, about African-Americans in the AAF. I also have a couple of very unflattering letters written by a white officer on his thoughts of the black soldiers in the Army during WWII.

post-1412-1289098523.jpg

Salvage Sailor

WWII USN Yardlong

CO. 991 - C. WILLIAMS - SP.(A)3/C - CO. COMDR - JUNE 12, 1944.

U.S. NAVAL TRAINING CENTER - GREAT LAKES, ILL.

(Petty Officer Williams in Center)

11_06_10_002.jpg

11_06_10_005.jpg

Salvage Sailor

Amongst the sailors in Company 991 was this man who was assigned to an Ordnance Battalion

These are his Seaman second & Seaman first blues

11_06_10_008.jpg

Salvage Sailor
Amongst the sailors in Company 991 was this man who was assigned to an Ordnance Battalion

These are his Seaman second & Seaman first blues

He was a Gunner's Mate striker, but what is interesting is that his 'OB' mark is upside down

I also have his whites around here somewhere which have the 'OB' facing the proper direction.

In the inside pocket of his blues is a 65+ year old condom still in the wax paper wrapper.....not the first time that I've found one of these in a sailor's uniform ;)

11_06_10_009.jpg

11_06_10_010.jpg

Collector5516
A very rare shot of some members of the 368th Infantry, 92nd Division in their barracks in France

I really love this image. You said you sold/traded all of these fantastic images? :(

Croix de Guerre
I really love this image. You said you sold/traded all of these fantastic images? :(

Yes, I let them all go. :crying: They now are in the collection of the U.S. Army Heritage & Education Center in Carlisle, PA, so at least they are in a safe place. :thumbsup:

Collector5516
Yes, I let them all go. :crying: They now are in the collection of the U.S. Army Heritage & Education Center in Carlisle, PA, so at least they are in a safe place. :thumbsup:

They would have been safe in my house too! But seriously, good to know they went to a good place.

Collector5516

Great stuff guys! Please keep it coming. Here is another WWI piece I have. I know times were very different but still hard to believe this was published...

NiggerWarBrideBlues.jpg