Between the Wars American Legion uniform

USMCRECON

Of course these are pictures of a VFW uniform. I got a little too quick on the keyboard and allowed my fingers to get ahead of my brain. I tried but was unable to go back and correct the title.

These couple posts show my only other veteran's organization complete uniform (I have one other American Legion set but it's just a shirt, trousers, and yellow tie - considerably newer than these, I suspect). It looks like a 1930s Army officer's blouse with VFW buttons sewn on in place of the Army eagle buttons.

This one is named on the inside label. I was told that the owner was a Marine Lieutenant in WW-I but have not been able to confirm or deny that yet. This picture shows the overall blouse with leather belt, one overseas and two wound chevrons. The trousers are not visible on the hanger but the rough wool OD enlisted-type shirt is.

post-1107-1187737365.jpg

Here are close-ups of the seller's label and the manufacturer's label with the owner's name. Again, the folks said he was a wW-I Marine LT but I haven't done any research yet.

post-1107-1187737953.jpg post-1107-1187737960.jpg