Small ebay group - big luck

Hobza

Hello,

I´d like to tell you story which happened to me this week on Ebay. It is not about decorated hero but about soldier who was in 1945 here, in Czech republic (Czechoslovakia).

I found some soldier´s photos and papers on Ebay from Florida. I bought it all for dollar each because I´m interested in US soldiers in Czechoslovakia in 1945. I didn´t know soldier´s name or his unit. Just on photos was on back side written "Out post, Czechoslovakia 1945" so I know that he was here.

By mistake I found out that seller is also offering Military Class Pass from New York from 2nd Corps Area Fort Jay, NY year 1939. Seller confirmed me that this Class Pass belongs to photos.

Pass was on name Vincet P. Furtado. On photos was also soldier´s abstract of his career and he really was in New York between 1938 and 1941. So I found out his name and I was happy and I thought that this is the end of story.

Day or two after I was searching on Ebay without goal just in case. And I saw some dogtags and four medals. I didn´t pay attention to it but after one more day I found it again. Because I´m looking for dogtags with Czech names I clicked to it. And I saw name "Vincent P. Furtado" !!! :w00t:

Four times I check it again and it was really his! I checked also by serial number. It was Furtado whose photo album I bought days before! Seller lives in state Washington - 3300 miles from seller from Florida and they don´t know each other.

I just can´t believe this fortuity! :drool2: Dogtags with medals I just bought today. So in one week all those items will be together again. Who knows how long it is when they were separated. And how big was my fortuity to get them both on Ebay in same time (although from other side of USA).

I don´t like when group is divided and it´s selling separated so I´m happy that I have a chance to get one back in complex.

Also I´d like to know from you:

Soldier was serving in?..

16 Nov 1934 to 14 Nov 1937 ...................Fort Slocum , Wadsworth, S.I.

Panama 4th Coast Art.

6 Jul 1938 to 6 Jul 1941 ........................1200th Serv unit DEML

2nd Corps Area, Fort Jay NY

6Jul 1941 to 15Sep 1945......................Brazil ATC Interpreter

ETO Eng France Belgium

Germany and Czechoslovakia

etc ...to 4 June 1967.

And I would like to know what does it mean "Brazil ATC interpreter". Is it possible to found out in which unit he was serving during WW2?

He has patch of armored division on photos and I think that with number 8 but I´m not sure.

I hope that someone would be as happy as I´m that this small group will be complete again.

Thank you Lubos :salute:

post-8933-1288824089.jpg

post-8933-1288824095.jpg

post-8933-1288824254.jpg

That is what I call some great luck. Its interesting how sometimes things just fall into place. Hopefully, you will continue to find more over time.

It fantastic when things like that happen. Well done for getting it back together. I had a similar experience with a KW PH to a KIA. I later found his engraved GCM and others from a different seller. Its a great feeling so enjoy it, it doesn't happen that often.

Rob

Do you believe in fate? When I hear stories like this I really feel it happens for a reason... you just need to find out why. I am glad you have it as I can tell by your post you have a depth of interest and will cherish it.

Cheers

John

Collector5516

Wow! That's great that you were able to reunite this grouping. I never break apart a grouping even if I can get more money for it that way. I feel that we are not only collectors but more important preservers of the past. Congrats on a nice group!

Brian Dentino

The stars were certainly lined up for you on this one! Wow. Great that you reunited these items, just amazing that it happened as quickly and coincidentally as it did! Congrats, and thanks for keeping this mans service alive in your collection, and now in our minds. :thumbsup:

tbirdismypride

That is an amazing piece of luck that you were able to get the pieces back together again. I also do not like it when items are sold seperately from one another. I see it a lot of times when a person has a bunch of letters from the same person and they are selling each letter individually in order to make more money that way. Its just not right. Anyway I am really glad you were able to get these pieces back together where they belong.

That really is an amazing story that you were able to reunite that grouping back together after all those years

beeing split up from each other and belonging to the same person another Excellent story W0W well done :thumbsup:

and thanks for sharing Truely Amazing !!