The Association of Naval Aviation Patriot Squadron

VP_Association

VP_Association

The Association of Naval Aviation Patriot Squadron is a local affiliate of the ANA (a national naval aviation group) that is dedicated to preserving the history and heritage of NAS Squantum and NAS South Weymouth. The group operates a small museum called the Shea Field Naval Aviation Historical Museum on the site of former NAS South Weymouth on the SouthField development in Weymouth, MA. The group maintains the museum, a small park called the Shea Memorial Grove, and the "7Z" A-4 Skyhawk jet. Meetings are held monthly at the museum, which is normally open by appointment only. For details about the museum and membership see the appropriate pages on the ANA Patriot Squadron's web site at http://www.anapatriotsquadron.org . New members who are interested in naval aviation are always welcome.

ANA_INSIGNIA_200.gif

Robswashashore

Ah, NAS South Weymouth ! I dated quite a few fellas stationed there back in the day! Some day I will have to share the story about an evening on base with a young E6 airman, a Kaman helicopter, and an armed Marine sentry! ;)

VP_Association
Ah, NAS South Weymouth ! I dated quite a few fellas stationed there back in the day! Some day I will have to share the story about an evening on base with a young E6 airman, a Kaman helicopter, and an armed Marine sentry! ;)

I remember HSL-74's Kaman SH-2 Seasprite helicopters well. They shared Hangar One with our P-3s. Oddly enough, my wife and I were both at NAS South Weymouth. I was an AW1 with VP-92 and she was an AK3 with Brunswick 4291 and (eventually) VP-92. I write books as a hobby and am currently working on a comprehensive illustrated history of NAS South Weymouth. This will complement a book I recently wrote about South Weymouth's predecessor, NAS Squantum, and will be about 400-500 pages long with at least as many photos.

• 2 weeks later...
Robswashashore
I remember HSL-74's Kaman SH-2 Seasprite helicopters well. They shared Hangar One with our P-3s. Oddly enough, my wife and I were both at NAS South Weymouth. I was an AW1 with VP-92 and she was an AK3 with Brunswick 4291 and (eventually) VP-92. I write books as a hobby and am currently working on a comprehensive illustrated history of NAS South Weymouth. This will complement a book I recently wrote about South Weymouth's predecessor, NAS Squantum, and will be about 400-500 pages long with at least as many photos.

I look forward to the book!