Lets see your medical uniforms. Any Branch any era!!

PaulR

post-467-1291653790.jpg

173rd Airborne Brigade Battalion Surgeon, Major Berliner.

I had some post Vietnam civilian paperwork with this jacket... but I can't find them for now. As far as I could remember the major full name was Daniel Berliner and he lived and work in Alaska.

post-467-1291655335.jpg

Jungle jacket of Major Owen A. Koch, former CO of the 283rd Medical Detachment (Air Ambulance), 1st Logistical Cmd.

The ghost on the right pocket is for the insignia of the 283rd Dustoff. Behind the 101st SSI, is the trace of the 1LogCom.

Major Koch was the CO of Medal of Honor winner CW4 Michael Novosel when he arrived in-country in 1966.

Here as promised the rest of medic blue dress of my collection , sorry for the bad display of uniforms but I wanted to show them.

this lot belonged to J.J. Moore (dated 1938)

Blue dress Medic (gabardine)

Moore John J. (06286).

B—Ohio 12 Nov. 88.

A—Calif. Grad. Army Med. Sch. 17. M.D.,

Ohio State Univ. 12.

1 It. Med. Sec. O. R. C 10 July 17; accepted 14 July 17; active duty 21 July 17;

vacated 19 Jan. 18;

1 It. M. C. 2 Oct. 17; accepted 19 Jan. 18;

capt. 24 Nov. 18; accepted 14 Mar. 19;

maj. 21 July 29;

It. col. 21 July 37;

col. A. U. S. 1 Feb. 42.

i can't find photos or more info info about him :( any help is welcome

This particular blue dress m1938 was made in wool gabardine just like the common chocolate class A, it's a little bit unusual for those dress just becouse the all wool are more valuable, anyway was probably created with the intent to be used in any climatic conditions or mid-season

dressbluemedgaba.th.jpgdressblue.th.jpg

the visor instead was made of full wool and have his 3 golden initials stamped in JJM (J. J. Moore)

visorbluedressfullinsid.th.jpgvisorbluedressfull.th.jpg

Anyway is not the single case of m1938 blue dress made in wool gabardine i've other 2 example 1 AAF and 1 Engineer !

messye.th.jpg

This one is the mess dress probably 1937 no name or tag inside but certainly it's datable between the 1936 and 1940s

I'm really sorry becouse both the dress are not complete of all (medals, pins and so on ...)

post-467-1291655335.jpg

Jungle jacket of Major Owen A. Koch, former CO of the 283rd Medical Detachment (Air Ambulance), 1st Logistical Cmd.

The ghost on the right pocket is for the insignia of the 283rd Dustoff. Behind the 101st SSI, is the trace of the 1LogCom.

Major Koch was the CO of Medal of Honor winner CW4 Michael Novosel when he arrived in-country in 1966.

Thanks for showing all these high quality shirt's!

GREAT stuff!! :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

ID'ed 90th infantry division medic ike jacket.

This guy started his "combat" experience with the 102nd infantry division as you can see on the insignia on the right sleeve.

Came in a grouping of some other clothing items al beloning to the same medic.

jacket90th102nd.jpg

dsc02626y.jpg

Not something fancy but here's my contribution. Ike jacket, double-patched : HQ ETO ADSEC and 3rd Army S/Sgt. ADSEC patch was coming loose when I bought it so I had to stitch it after these photos were taken.

Ben

post-10981-1293463542.jpg

post-10981-1293463582.jpg

post-10981-1293463602.jpg

Those are some really awesome uniforms! I love the cloth CMB, with the metallic one pressed through. I am confused with the Pacific Theater jacket. I did not think that Medics received the CIB, hence the purpose behind the CMB.

11th ACR Combat Medic grouping. It came with the MICH/ACH, reversible cover, helmet band (with embroidered name, blood type, and number), boots, knee pads and uniforms.

01015.jpg

01114.jpg

Knee pads that have been personalized by the soldier with a Sharpie. One knee pad says "Kill" and the other one says "Down with the Sickenss". The Down with the Sickness comment I would assume is a reference to him being a medic and also a reference to the song "Down with the Sickness" by Disturbed.

00216.jpg