Lets see your medical uniforms. Any Branch any era!!

PaulR

Being a medical corpsman, I have a real soft spot for the uniforms of my counterparts. I would love to see any medical uniforms you have in your collections. If you are a former medic yourself, please post your own!

I do not have any nor have I been one. But I would be interested to see some.

But start with yours if you have!

Take care.

Luis Ramos

Captainofthe7th

Here are a couple that I've posted before but will gladly post again under this new topic!

From a MSG who served in Korea with the 2nd ID (possibly the 9th Inf.):

DSCF2853.jpg

My cousin's - he served with the 44th Med Bde in Vietnam:

DSCF2545.jpg

And this one is no longer in my possession but still a cool medical piece:

DSCF2400.jpg

DSCF2401.jpg

And that's all for now I suppose!

Rob

Here is my current Dress Jacket. I love the embroidery work still used by the CG CPO insignia today. Unfortunately, the Navy no longer uses heavy embroidery for their ratings.

Lets see some more medical uniforms. Please post them here... even if they are elsewhere!

post-4249-1288652194.jpg

post-4249-1288652319.jpg

Both have been posted before but:

Here is a Navy Corpsman 1st Class, It has liberty stitching on the inside. It's custom made. I think it was used in WWII, with upgraded rate from the red cross to the caduceus. I saw the inside of the sleeve and it had another rate on before.

DSCF005.JPG

This one I found out was from a female Capitan.

uniform26.JPG

Those are some really cool uniforms! That is an interesting transitional WW2 and beyond Navy jumper. I would liked to have seen his ribbon bar!

The Woodland BDU is pretty cool as well! HE was someone who was proud of his enlisted time! What are the blue wings? Air Crew?

The Woodland BDU is pretty cool as well! HE was someone who was proud of his enlisted time! What are the blue wings? Air Crew?

Yes, enlisted aircrew. It's an unusual mixture, what with the operational Missile Badge. I recall searching the internet and finding some corroborating info about a physician of the same name, with a similar USAF background. I'd imagine it's real, based upon the badges being hidden.

EDIT:

Mark T. Nadeau, MD, MBA joined the Department of Family and Community Medicine in 2005 after serving 27 years as an Air Force officer. Since primary care is critical to the development of a functioning medical system in our country, he has devoted most of his medical career to the education of residents. He developed his academic leadership skills at the Faculty Development Fellowship at the University of California, San Francisco and completed a Masters Degree in Business Administration from the University of Massachusetts. He is recognized by The Certifying Commission on Medical Management as a Certified Physician Executive. He is a Fellow of the American Academy of Family Physicians. He has served as a Member of the Board of the National Board of Medical Examiners and has developed his leadership skills as a residency director, as a department chair, as a military commander, as a medical director, and as the Chief of Physician Education for the United States Air Force.

http://profiles.uthscsa.edu/?pid=profile&id=1J80LUH8J

I thought this was interesting. A varied career, and once the pocket flap is raised....

dscn1632lf6.jpg

Pretty cool! Undercover medical!!!

Love it.

Luis Ramos

Here is one of my best groupings in my collection. Colonel R. had a long career in the military and I still haven't quite figured everything out. Anyway, the first item is his jungle jacket when he was with the 19th Special Froces. I also have his tiger-stripe jacket from that time period.

post_566_1245180755.jpg

post_566_1245180797.jpg

Here is one of his BDU's with the 30th Medical Brigade. I believe this uniform was from the earlier portion of his career. I don't know if you can tell from the picture, but this is one of the BDU's that has been repatched with rank.

The other BDU pictured has the 30th Medical Brigade patch on the left sleeve and the 44th MEDCOM on the right sleeve. Also has Colonel rank, Dental Corps insignia, US Basic Jumpwings, and Expert Medics Badge.

post_566_1245181242.jpg

post_566_1245181431.jpg

Now...Colonel R. served a tour in Afgahnistan (served in a cobat support hospital) and two tours of duty in Iraq (373rd Dental Company). However, Colonel R. was also the Officer-In-Charge of the Jameson Combat Medic Training Center and director of the EMT classes. Thia guy ws in charge of the training of the Army medics who were in the field saving lives. This Colonel may not have been on the front line fighting insurgents, but he was in the rear making sure soldiers got the medical training they needed to help the wounded. This soldier is one of the quiet heroes that so many times people overlook. Colonel R. was also the main dentist at the Huntington, W.Va. VA hospital. In my estimation, this whole soldier's career has been about serving others!

post_566_1245182499.jpg

post_566_1245182514.jpg

Last but not least is his Jameson Comabt Medic Training Center cap with his name embroidered on the back. Notice name is misspelled!

I have several more uniforms, but they are all similar and didn't think I needed to post duplicates.

post_566_1245182675.jpg

post_566_1245182746.jpg

I had an army dentist's BDU once, and when I Googled the man's name, I found a photo of him wearing the exact same coat I had.

Anyway, this CMB, below, is on an 82nd Airborne DCU I have - would you say that it is theater-made?

post-257-1288852557.jpg

I had an army dentist's BDU once, and when I Googled the man's name, I found a photo of him wearing the exact same coat I had.

Anyway, this CMB, below, is on an 82nd Airborne DCU I have - would you say that it is theater-made?

DSCN3168.JPG

MPage,

It certainly looks thatre-made. Nice. :thumbsup:

I've posted most of the following uniforms a couple years ago so will only post a couple of each for reference.

This one is a Pharmacist's Mate 3cl who served with a Marine rifle Company in the 6th Marine Div. The flag came with it.

post-1107-1288960154.jpg

post-1107-1288960159.jpg