Camo M42 Jump suits?

Awheeler

vintageproductions

I have personally only ever seen one set that was WWII original. I believe if you look in the show & event section, under one of the Pomona show threads there are photos of it on display.

Corpsmancollector

Look through the uniforms section and do a search. There's recently been a large thread/debate on camo jumpsuits...

• 2 weeks later...

Just stumbled on this pic from Getty Images of a US paratrooper with a camo jump jacket with a red supply canopy in the background........mike

post-350-1289076785.jpg

Mike: Thanks for posting that outstanding pic :w00t: And he's lugging the then-newly issued Demolition Gear Bag (an example below, next to the Marine Corps counterpart)...

post-3226-1289099446.jpeg

Corpsmancollector
Mike: Thanks for posting that outstanding pic :w00t: And he's lugging the then-newly issued Demolition Gear Bag (an example below, next to the Marine Corps counterpart)...

post-3226-1289099446.jpeg

Darn it, Jim! You keep taunting me with that bag!

Darn it, Jim! You keep taunting me with that bag!

:lol: Sorry, friend- wasn't my intention to be a smart-aleck! Actually, the only reason I bothered putting that up on a thread concerning Uniforms was that, to my memory, Mike's pic is the first I've ever seen of a W.W.II G.I. rigged with an Army Demo Bag (gotta be more pics out there, though)!

Kind of wish I had "something" to contribute to the topic at hand, though- if you get my drift :w00t: The 'flage Army Para Suit has got to be, literally, one of the rarest camo items in the world- even worse than the 'flage-to-O.D. suit!!

Corpsmancollector
:lol: Sorry, friend- wasn't my intention to be a smart-aleck! Actually, the only reason I bothered putting that up on a thread concerning Uniforms was that, to my memory, Mike's pic is the first I've ever seen of a W.W.II G.I. rigged with an Army Demo Bag (gotta be more pics out there, though)!

Kind of wish I had "something" to contribute to the topic at hand, though- if you get my drift :w00t: The 'flage Army Para Suit has got to be, literally, one of the rarest camo items in the world- even worse than the 'flage-to-O.D. suit!!

No worries buddy :lol:

I hear ya, I too wish that anyone on here had a special 'something' to contribute! Just to see some detailed pics of an original suit would be enough. In Mike's photo above, is it just me or does the suit look to be made from a lighter-weight material than the one we are used to seeing? Almost looks like it's made from camo parachute silk...

Or my eyes are just playing tricks on me!

I do love your flage-to-od suit! :thumbsup:

Great new pix to me , thanks for posting .

owen

very welcome

nice stuff with the footy helmet and johny gun

unless i saw the pic myself i wouldnt have believed it

:thumbsup: Nice photos. Incredible proof there.

i went back thru all EUMCH blog and i cant find the article that the photsos 1st apeared with,i think it was about accident prevention at the parachute school

i went back thru all EUMCH blog and i cant find the article that the photsos 1st apeared with,i think it was about accident prevention at the parachute school

Glad you pulled them then. Have to ask though...EUMCH?

Corpsmancollector
thats alright mate .........maybe its the cold ???

Must be O. Bloody cold over here at the moment!

124CAV: Fantastic photos, thanks for adding them. Love the Johnson LMG! :w00t: :thumbsup: