WWII chevron help

erctut1

That looks like the post-war chevron worn from 1951 until the gold-on-greens appeared.
arg!!!!! Not what I wanted to hear. I thought there were WWII era stripes with a dark blue back ground? Any other opinions?

The blue wool felt background material is correct for WWII. The blue twill was post war. In my opinion that chevron looks fin for an Ike.

Dennis

The blue wool felt background material is correct for WWII. The blue twill was post war. In my opinion that chevron looks fin for an Ike.

Dennis

Thanks Dennis! After finding this old topic http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...=12181&st=0 I agree with you. I think that should be a sticky. Thanks again Dennis.

Eric

Dennis

If it's felt, I'll have to agree with Dennis. OK for WWII.

Looks good to me. The 'twill' has an almost blue hue to it, and you can see the 'lines' in it, if that helps. They are also a thinner style of patch.

Looks good to me. The 'twill' has an almost blue hue to it, and you can see the 'lines' in it, if that helps. They are also a thinner style of patch.

Thanks guys for all the input. I'm going to go ahead and stitch these on tonight.