Trouble with Ghosts!

tokashikibob

In 40+ years of collecting WWI-WWII-US-III Reich-Japanese etc, I believe every collector I personally know has been haunted at some point. It usually happens as some collector has a cherished piece of history, a focal point of their collection. That special wartime, battlefield relic. The artifact that as an inanimate object has born witness to the horrors and bloodshed of war and battle. Perhaps genocide. Life can be fine, normal for years without disturbance. Then at once without explanation every thing changes. It may start with a crash or a bang, but more often a faint rumor, a whispered accusation that blows straight through you like an icey chill. The sleepless nights begin, the nightmares come rushing. Internal screams, terrifying shrieks. Others may or may not hear it.....but you can. Mental visions of bloodshed and murder keeping you awake at night.

That prize you once coveted now haunts you day and night. Why, why now? What was the catalyst that awoke these sleeping ghost, these nightmarish apparitions? Only one thing. The realization that your prized war trophy is in fact a fake! 

Go figure🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

In 40+ years of collecting WWI-WWII-US-III Reich-Japanese etc, I believe every collector I personally know has been haunted at some point. It usually happens as some collector has a cherished piece of history, a focal point of their collection. That special wartime, battlefield relic. The artifact that as an inanimate object has born witness to the horrors and bloodshed of war and battle. Perhaps genocide. Life can be fine, normal for years without disturbance. Then at once without explanation every thing changes. It may start with a crash or a bang, but more often a faint rumor, a whispered accusation that blows straight through you like an icey chill. The sleepless nights begin, the nightmares come rushing. Internal screams, terrifying shrieks. Others may or may not hear it.....but you can. Mental visions of bloodshed and murder keeping you awake at night.

That prize you once coveted now haunts you day and night. Why, why now? What was the catalyst that awoke these sleeping ghost, these nightmarish apparitions? Only one thing. The realization that your prized war trophy is in fact a fake! 

Go figure🤷‍♂️

😂😂😢

17 hours ago, easterneagle87 said:

Was going to start a new thread, but then thought I'd better check if there was one already started. OK, Ghosts!  Last year my wife started smelling cigarettes in the house. She asked if I had been smoking. I don't smoke, just the occasional cigar once or twice a year - and definitely NOT in the house. She thought she was having a stroke as it kept coming to her at night while she was in the living room. I didn't think much of it as she has a pretty sensitive sniffer. Possible drifting in from the neighbors. The more I pondered it, it came to me and I told her, "It may be a spirit." Well this freaked her out. I told it is a common thing amongst those who believe, that if they smelled cigarette smoke it could be a spirit. I announced to the house, "It's just us and you need to move along your way." After that it faded. I didn't pursue any thoughts after that, but occasionally the smell, for her, would come back. I never smelt a thing. I still didn't think anymore of it, but I'm a little slow. Our house isn't that old, built in the early 90's and only one previous owner.  Then the thought came to me, What if, in all of this military memorabilia I've collected over the years, something or someone is still attached to it.  I told her this, and it REALLY freaked her out! I mean, I try, when possible to keep groupings together, so could it be? This again was only a thought until my daughter and new grandson came to visit in late July. She has one of these fancy baby cameras that has motion sensors and send short clips when it senses activity. I'm here to tell you, not once, but twice did a small orb of light pass across the screen. I believe they're out there and not just at my house. I work as a Correctional Deputy and we have plenty of ghosts in our jail. I thought about calling a psychic, but since Dionne Warwick is no longer advertising them on the TV, I'll just let them pass for now.                

Try calling :  image.png.6166f4a846c04965b81b757e98628d63.png

I picked up a pair of Thai made USAF Vietnam era patches from a small antique shop in Nebraska.  

They were in beautiful condition and they would have gone well with any collection.

But something just did not feel right about them.  It might have been my imagination... I don't know.  No bumps in the night... just an odd feeling when I handled them.

I sold them at the first opportunity.  I have never experienced that before in my years of collecting, even with the few German items I used to have. 

On 10/27/2010 at 7:05 PM, tokashikibob said:

The Haunted Helmet - By Bob

One day many years ago, back when I was a young collector I happened to stop at this North Georgia Flea Market in the middle of nowhere. Soon I spied on the table a WW1 doughboy helmet offered for sale by this overall wearing older country picker. I might have paid 10 bucks tops. Anyway, I brought it to my new apartment (I just got out of the barracks cuz I was getting married) and hung it on the wall. A few weeks later, sleeping off some beer I awoke to a smoky apparition in the doorway of my room. I was sooooo scared I could not move while it was floating there. But, I chalked it up to the beer and early morning sleepiness. Then, I got married and the wife moved in. Strange things started to happen like doors slamming in the middle of the house, and mysterious knocks. Then one night I was sleeping on the couch (because of a fight) when I awoke to some strange sounds in the hallway. As I listened as quick as a flash this beast of some sort stampeded down the hallway and spun around right where my face was. It seemed like a boar but with red eyes. It seemed like a eternity but then it was gone. I had trouble beliveing on just what happened. The next day I finally told the wife about it and she then told me how last night something was touching her legs in the bed.

Sooo what happened to the helmet? My buddy was having trouble with this Ahole in the unit. So he gave this helmet to the Marine as a peace offering to get back some revenge!

Mission Complete!

Okinawarelics

Woah! That's terrifying!

Skysoldier80
On 10/24/2010 at 1:00 PM, tokashikibob said:

Hello Everyone,

I am put this oddball topic out there to anyone who has military relics. “Has anyone had trouble with Ghosts”? I’m having particular trouble these days with some sort of spirit and since I have a collection of military relics dug and bought. Last night the spirit poked me awake and then with eyes wide open a rumble and “whoosh” sound emanated from near the fireplace. I was dozing in the den which is where the bulk of my stuff is kept. This particular spirit has been around for a couple of years, other examples are my kids have heard whispers and one has actually seen it waiting next to it’s bed while she was sleeping.

About 20 years ago I had another rash of ghostly happenings which I tracked down to a WWI helmet. That particular ghost was pretty evil and things were pretty scary for awhile. Nowadays, I have no clue on what particular object could be causing me problems as I’ve dug and bought relics from Battlefields in the U.S , Japan, Iraq and Korea.

Semper Fi,

Bob

Okinawarelics

So interesting that you brought this up.  A few years ago…  I have a Japanese flag in my collection that came from my Great Uncle who got it off of a Dead Japanese Soldier (has blood stains on it). I had it translated by a Japanese Linguist who worked with me .  Until received it, it had been kept in a green metal can.  As soon as I got it, I took it out of the box and displayed it in my collection room next to my great uncles stuff.  Two weeks later the scariest things/only things ever happened In my house.  Crazy dreams, kids were hearing strange voices downstairs, my rooms was cold, and weird nightmares.  I could t figure out what was going on.  On the flag was an ancestral prayer.  I took it back into work and the lady performed Japanese “Tea Ceremony” over it and said many prayers in Japanese.  She folded it up a certain way and placed it back in the box with a sealed vial of some substance, some incense, and a medal of St Michael.  She said never open it again because it had a lot of bad energy.  As soon as I brought in back to my collection room everything stopped.

I share this because I truely believe there are many energies on the things we collect.  One thing I learned is that I don’t mess with Japanese flags or anything off of dead people.  Yes I still honor it, but treat it with respect.  Be careful and yes I believe.

Skysoldier80

Last thing that I will say about this for now:  ever since that flag incident, anytime that I buy a new piece for my collection I say a prayer over it before even the package comes into my house and say whatever bad energy is around it I don’t welcome you into my house.

my young kids hate my collection room and won’t go in it without me.  They say my rooms feels “heavy” on their bodies. I am sure there is good and bad energy around our collections.  Me I don’t try to mess with it.  I always tell a new piece I am there to honor you.  There is a Hail Mary Prayer in my collection room on the door.  Laugh if you want, but I don’t mess with this crap.

I could write a bit about experiences with Ghosts, but I will limit it to one 2 items that I have in my collection that have always

given me the creeps. One is a Japanese bayonet. Mukden produced. The thing has a bad aura about it.

The other is this one helmet. M1. Has a bullet hole in it and I found a name painted in the back and I used water on the inside at first.

And the smell that came off it was like blood. Had a weird smell to it and I get the creeps from it. Just a feeling.

Heres a link to it. I have my theories about it.

I cant say I have had any ghostly occurrences centered around my collection. I have a letter written by a P38 pilot who was never recovered. But nothing has ever happened due to my collection. But some of the things give me the creeps. a few things for sure. Like this helmet.

m.jpg.0e59659a4cc2d9d71251d7e52e7363c1.jpg

DSCF2791.JPG.18ea1b38f07d0ba3d8d798839daf872f.JPG

x.jpg.292aa8ed515d99ce7b6684e9d128d151.jpg

• 1 year later...
AnthonyGiarrusso

My trouble with ghosts is the opposite. Many times ghost are near by and show up and vanish too quickly to get any good details on. I wish there was a way to see more ghosts for longer periods of time more often. Just seeing shimmers or entities for less than 2 seconds doesn't help.

manayunkman

None of any of my collections has ever given me the creeps ( I even had a collection of items that belonged to Karl Kuntsler the war criminal and sadistic commander of the Flossenburg concentration camp) but it gives everyone else the creeps.

The only trouble with my collection is it takes too much of my time and that affects relationships.

But that’s something I can control.

I have seen a ghost but it had nothing to do with my collection.

Marshallj

IMO "Ground Dug" items are often from a grave and are most likely to be haunted.     

268th C.A.

This subject has been talked about over & over in my years of collecting, I have had thousands of items, including. blood-stained items. Friends ask is this place haunted. my reply is well to my knowledge I've never had one of these items haunt me. I think the vets are happy I collect & preserve their items. I have had experiences in haunted locations, that I could talk about for hours. Some, most of you wouldn't believe. I have heard many things, seen doors open in front of me. Experience things moving to another location in hotel rooms after I went to bed doors locked etc. I am sensitive to creepy things & can pick up on things. Hair standing up on the back of my neck. the ebee jebees. My sister has lived in a few houses that were haunted. She also picks up on things like me. I'm no medium. I stayed in a historical home one night built in the late 1600's that I left in the middle of the night. As for this hobby we all collect dead people's stuff. Antiques, etc. No matter what you have pocket watches, Jewlery heirlooms. I think a lot of people tend to scare themselves.  with their imagination. If you look for it, you will find it. I have never seen a ghost. But I have heard a few. As for the collection. Nothing. Good luck in your ghost hunting endeavors.  

manayunkman

I almost forgot about this, I came back home one summer to Dauphin, Pa.

The VFW in Duncannon was having an auction selling off amongst other things militaria.

I bought a bunch of stuff including a Japanese helmet with a petrified head/skull in it obviously a young Japanese soldier.

I brought it home with me and my mom freeked out.

It had to go, it gave her the creeps, so I hid it in the garage.

But my mom knew it was still on the property and she wasn’t at peace until it was gone.

I actually snuck it up to Silver Springs flea market and sold it as soon as I opened the car door , Dave Peiffer RIP bought it right away. 

When I got home my mother had known it was gone.