Trouble with Ghosts!

tokashikibob

Hello Everyone,

I am put this oddball topic out there to anyone who has military relics. “Has anyone had trouble with Ghosts”? I’m having particular trouble these days with some sort of spirit and since I have a collection of military relics dug and bought. Last night the spirit poked me awake and then with eyes wide open a rumble and “whoosh” sound emanated from near the fireplace. I was dozing in the den which is where the bulk of my stuff is kept. This particular spirit has been around for a couple of years, other examples are my kids have heard whispers and one has actually seen it waiting next to it’s bed while she was sleeping.

About 20 years ago I had another rash of ghostly happenings which I tracked down to a WWI helmet. That particular ghost was pretty evil and things were pretty scary for awhile. Nowadays, I have no clue on what particular object could be causing me problems as I’ve dug and bought relics from Battlefields in the U.S , Japan, Iraq and Korea.

Semper Fi,

Bob

Okinawarelics

As you will read on the paranormal thread, we have both believers and non-believers.

You will have at least one person write you and tell you that if you have a haunted item they will be happy to take it off your hands for you. My answer would be to send it directly to them and then see how it works for them.

dogfacedsoldier

No easy answer to this, you could have a priest do a blessing of the house, sell the items, try asking them to go away, as they are not welcome in your house, I don't suggest to try any EVP's as you may not like what you hear. In the last place I lived, my wife was touched on the shoulder by a ghost while in the shower. I was at work at the time. I have heard all sorts of noises, felt cold spots, voices, but I have not seen anything. I used to dabble in the paranormal some, but I really don't anymore. I heard one too many EVP's, the last EVP I recorded came from a mass confederate grave in the cemetary where I went to college. It was an old cemetary and it was creepy in the extreme, and contained graves of battle dead, a spy, confederate Colonel recruiter executed by firing squad there, CW parole violaters executed there or elswhere and some others. The Confederate colonel was the subject of more than a few letters between Davis and Lincoln. Mostly interesting to historians now. I would say get help because the peace of mind of your family members is worth the effort. I myself will not knowingly live in another haunted house, three was enough. I say this because we understand very little about the paranormal and experience has taught me that there is nothing better than to be able peacefully sleep at night in your own home. There are people around who can help you. Any investigation will only tell you what you know, something is in your house, make peace with it or get rid of it. These things are real enough especially when they are in your home. As they say we can unknowingly open doors and when these doors are opened nightmares begin.

Jon

No easy answer to this, you could have a priest do a blessing of the house, sell the items, try asking them to go away, as they are not welcome in your house, I don't suggest to try any EVP's as you may not like what you hear. In the last place I lived, my wife was touched on the shoulder by a ghost while in the shower. I was at work at the time. I have heard all sorts of noises, felt cold spots, voices, but I have not seen anything. I used to dabble in the paranormal some, but I really don't anymore. I heard one too many EVP's, the last EVP I recorded came from a mass confederate grave in the cemetary where I went to college. It was an old cemetary and it was creepy in the extreme, and contained graves of battle dead, a spy, confederate Colonel recruiter executed by firing squad there, CW parole violaters executed there or elswhere and some others. The Confederate colonel was the subject of more than a few letters between Davis and Lincoln. Mostly interesting to historians now. I would say get help because the peace of mind of your family members is worth the effort. I myself will not knowingly live in another haunted house, three was enough. I say this because we understand very little about the paranormal and experience has taught me that there is nothing better than to be able peacefully sleep at night in your own home. There are people around who can help you. Any investigation will only tell you what you know, something is in your house, make peace with it or get rid of it. These things are real enough especially when they are in your home. As they say we can unknowingly open doors and when these doors are opened nightmares begin.

Jon

I could not agree with the above statement more. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

If you don't mind doing so, would love to hear your story on the WWI helmet that caused some problems for you. There are many of us interested in these types of things.

Thanks,

Mike

Hello Everyone,

I am put this oddball topic out there to anyone who has military relics. “Has anyone had trouble with Ghosts”? I’m having particular trouble these days with some sort of spirit and since I have a collection of military relics dug and bought. Last night the spirit poked me awake and then with eyes wide open a rumble and “whoosh” sound emanated from near the fireplace. I was dozing in the den which is where the bulk of my stuff is kept. This particular spirit has been around for a couple of years, other examples are my kids have heard whispers and one has actually seen it waiting next to it’s bed while she was sleeping.

About 20 years ago I had another rash of ghostly happenings which I tracked down to a WWI helmet. That particular ghost was pretty evil and things were pretty scary for awhile. Nowadays, I have no clue on what particular object could be causing me problems as I’ve dug and bought relics from Battlefields in the U.S , Japan, Iraq and Korea.

Semper Fi,

Bob

Okinawarelics

I never have any fun like that. I've been waiting for 40 years....but nothing.

Trenchbuff,

Send me your phone number, and I'll start calling at night and making ghostly sounds. :unsure:

When you get scared, you can just hang up. :w00t:

Trenchbuff,

Send me your phone number, and I'll start calling at night and making ghostly sounds. :unsure:

When you get scared, you can just hang up. :w00t:

Oh, I already get lots of spooky phone calls. Mostly relatives though. I just want one of my uniforms to move or a pair of boots to do a tap dance. Anything.

Sorry, I don't mean to hijack your topic, but it is in the same realm[ it is Halloween time]. I thought I would share an interesting story about ghosts of the Civil War. My wife and I were working on a project in SW Virginia in 2006. We were staying with friends near a town named Abington, VA. One night we went to a restuarant in Abington called the "Tavern." It was the oldest building in town [1779] It had a one time been everything from stagecoach stop to an inn and a tavern. Our friends know the owner quite well. During the course of our dinner, my friend mentioned that the attic storeroom had once been used as a hospital for confederate soldiers. The room still had the bed numbers painted on the walls, where the soldiers had lain. He also said the room had strange reputation for spirits. I pooh-poohed his story. However, later that evening we met the owner. He said something was odd about the room and people often became frightened when they entered. So, up to the attic when went. I admit, it was somewhat uncomfortable. But from a historical perspective it was quite fascinating. Now comes the good part. One of my wife's co-workers has always fancied himself as a sort of psychic. He's always blathering on about reading minds and encountering spirits and visions. He is very serious about it. Well, he is quite taken with this attic room and says he's feeling tremendous psychic energy here. Suddenly, the owner says "do you want to spent the night up here? Nobody has ever made it through the night in this room." Our friend says he would love to. The owner says " be back when the tavern closes. I will give you a key and you can let yourself out at anytime." So, we go back at closing an drop this guy off. The next morning my wife gets a call from her friend. He is completely freaked out. He says he lasted 2 hours. He said the spirits were so frightening and so dangerous he feared for his life. Even to the point of him being choked to death, he fled the Tavern for his life [and sanity]. There you go. Maybe he was a yankee? True or not, I don't know. But I wouldn't spend the night in that attic.

post-12170-1288049725.jpg

post-12170-1288049750.jpg

Interesting, I thought we only had one other thread that dealt with things that go bump in the night... turns out we have 7 of them!

Jon

Jon, thank you for the sound advise! I'm pretty sure the spirit Japanese because I have a lot of personal items of those guys which I dug from where they probably bit the dust. "Watashi wa Nihongo o benkyo shinakereba naranai!" I guess I'll have to practice up on my Japanese. I'll have to convice him that it was better me to preserve it than to let it rot in the jungle.

Semper Fi,

Bob

Okinawarelics

more

Awesome Pictures and story, thanks for sharing. It seems the Confederates are still rascals after all these years!

Me to, I'd also like to hear about what happened with the helmet.

The Haunted Helmet - By Bob

One day many years ago, back when I was a young collector I happened to stop at this North Georgia Flea Market in the middle of nowhere. Soon I spied on the table a WW1 doughboy helmet offered for sale by this overall wearing older country picker. I might have paid 10 bucks tops. Anyway, I brought it to my new apartment (I just got out of the barracks cuz I was getting married) and hung it on the wall. A few weeks later, sleeping off some beer I awoke to a smoky apparition in the doorway of my room. I was sooooo scared I could not move while it was floating there. But, I chalked it up to the beer and early morning sleepiness. Then, I got married and the wife moved in. Strange things started to happen like doors slamming in the middle of the house, and mysterious knocks. Then one night I was sleeping on the couch (because of a fight) when I awoke to some strange sounds in the hallway. As I listened as quick as a flash this beast of some sort stampeded down the hallway and spun around right where my face was. It seemed like a boar but with red eyes. It seemed like a eternity but then it was gone. I had trouble beliveing on just what happened. The next day I finally told the wife about it and she then told me how last night something was touching her legs in the bed.

Sooo what happened to the helmet? My buddy was having trouble with this Ahole in the unit. So he gave this helmet to the Marine as a peace offering to get back some revenge!

Mission Complete!

Okinawarelics

Maybe best to merge them or we will have to change the name into "Paranormal US Militaria Forum".....

Erwin

Naw, Zombie Militaria. :lol:

I'm gotta admit, I'm gettin a kick outa those guys.

dogfacedsoldier

Bob,

Thanks for the great story. Whatever you do, will help I'm sure, and it's hard to say what a spirit will attach itself too. A friend who was a CWR, had trouble with a painting of a relative who fought in some European conflicts before the Civil War. I think he burned or destroyed the painting in some way, which did the trick. I hope you find peace either way you go. I love the website by the way. Most of my relic hunting has been from CW to WWI. My mom who relic hunts does ok with WWII items, she hunts on an abandoned AAF installation in a town where she lives. Finds all kinds of WWII era coins and a few collar discs and a dog tag or two every now and again. She's 89. Good luck,

Jon

Thanks Jon,

Glad you liked the site, That's a really neat story about your mom hitting the silver! I don't get out much with the detector due to life's commintments even though there are a ton of places to hit here in eastern N.C. I got a bunch of new stuff (pics) to post about individual WW2 USMC KIA that a friend and fellow collector provided, and a bunch of WW2 Okinawa pics off Ebay. Here's one where some Japanese were flown in to surrender from one of the outlying islands.

Okinawarelics

post-5718-1288311205.jpg

• 11 years later...
easterneagle87

Was going to start a new thread, but then thought I'd better check if there was one already started. OK, Ghosts!  Last year my wife started smelling cigarettes in the house. She asked if I had been smoking. I don't smoke, just the occasional cigar once or twice a year - and definitely NOT in the house. She thought she was having a stroke as it kept coming to her at night while she was in the living room. I didn't think much of it as she has a pretty sensitive sniffer. Possible drifting in from the neighbors. The more I pondered it, it came to me and I told her, "It may be a spirit." Well this freaked her out. I told it is a common thing amongst those who believe, that if they smelled cigarette smoke it could be a spirit. I announced to the house, "It's just us and you need to move along your way." After that it faded. I didn't pursue any thoughts after that, but occasionally the smell, for her, would come back. I never smelt a thing. I still didn't think anymore of it, but I'm a little slow. Our house isn't that old, built in the early 90's and only one previous owner.  Then the thought came to me, What if, in all of this military memorabilia I've collected over the years, something or someone is still attached to it.  I told her this, and it REALLY freaked her out! I mean, I try, when possible to keep groupings together, so could it be? This again was only a thought until my daughter and new grandson came to visit in late July. She has one of these fancy baby cameras that has motion sensors and send short clips when it senses activity. I'm here to tell you, not once, but twice did a small orb of light pass across the screen. I believe they're out there and not just at my house. I work as a Correctional Deputy and we have plenty of ghosts in our jail. I thought about calling a psychic, but since Dionne Warwick is no longer advertising them on the TV, I'll just let them pass for now.                

Now that’s curious, I often smell cigarette smoke when no one is smoking.

No one else can smell it and not only that but I’ve moved several times in the past and smelled it at each location every now and then.

I don’t smoke and neither do my friends.

My mother smoked several packs a day and died of emphysema at age 50.

Im now 66 and have had this experience for so long that I don’t remember when it started.

On top of that every now and then I hear her call my name the same way she did when I was a little boy.

The way I see it is she still looks over me.

6 hours ago, easterneagle87 said:

Then the thought came to me, What if, in all of this military memorabilia I've collected over the years, something or someone is still attached to it.  I told her this, and it REALLY freaked her out!           

There's a good way to lose spousal support for your hobby...think, man, think!