Civil Defense Aux. Police Helmet

CNY Militaria

CNY Militaria

Here is a nice helmet I bought a few years ago for the pricy sum of $12. Named to a CD Policeman. Enjoy!

military_368.jpg

military_370.jpg

military_374.jpg

Schottzie,

A very nice helmet. Most of the Civil Defense helmets that I see are painted white instead of the OD color. I really like this helmet.

Here is an example of the small wartime Auxiliary Police cap insignia for the soft cap.

Aux_Police_cap_insig.JPG

• 3 months later...

I have been searching the boards for a post I was reading about someone putting together old Civil defense rescue gear and a possable truch together. Does anybody know which post that is. I keep doing searches, but no luck.

I have been searching the boards for a post I was reading about someone putting together old Civil defense rescue gear and a possable truch together. Does anybody know which post that is. I keep doing searches, but no luck.

NJ isn't too far away. Ya might want to try and make it to the Reading, PA, WWII Weekend, June 1-3. There is a group there that puts on a rather good-sized CD display. Fraid I have no further info than that. This will be my 15th year there, and I can tell you it is one Hell of a show!

Tom thumbsup.gif

NJ isn't too far away. Ya might want to try and make it to the Reading, PA, WWII Weekend, June 1-3. There is a group there that puts on a rather good-sized CD display. Fraid I have no further info than that. This will be my 15th year there, and I can tell you it is one Hell of a show!

Tom thumbsup.gif

I went their as a spectator in 1998 and 2001. I participated with the 45th division (www.45thdivision.org) in 2002 and 03 or 04. I will be their with the 45th this year if all goes to plan. Stop by and say hi.