M17A2 Gas Mask

emccomas

OK, I found an M17 gas mask in the trunk of a car I bought about 10 years ago. I assume it is an A2 variation.

The mask is marked 84 MSA 2 E 27, also has the carrying case. The carrying case is marked US Mask, Chemical-Biological, Field M17 series. It also has some black marker that is covering what may be a name.

Inside the carrying case is the operators manual dated 5 October 87, with Change 1 dated 10 Jan 90. Also has a bag, waterproof, Chemical-Biological Mask M1, and a winterization kit (still in the sealed plastic bag).

This stuff needs a new home, and I have no idea what it is worth. Someone on the forum who collects this stuff is my goal. What is a fair price to ask for this stuff.

post-12036-1287843168.jpg

post-12036-1287843174.jpg

More pics in next posts

Unfortunately, mid 80's M-17 masks do not usually bring much money at all. I hate to say a price because as soon as I do, you sell it for that, then someone comes along and says, "I would have paid double for that".

With that said, I have bought a couple of Vietnam vintage M-17s and only paid $35 for them. Good luck

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.