What is going on with GAR membership badges?

emccomas

I watch Ebay for GAR membership badges, particularly pieces of badges.

What has gotten my attention is that parts of GAR membership badges (suspension eagle or the star drop) are, in some cases

selling for more than a complete GAR membership badge (with original ribbon).

I am talking about the common type V stuff, not the rare earlier parts.

What's up with that?

Thoughts?

I watch Ebay for GAR membership badges, particularly pieces of badges.

What has gotten my attention is that parts of GAR membership badges (suspension eagle or the star drop) are, in some cases

selling for more than a complete GAR membership badge (with original ribbon).

I am talking about the common type V stuff, not the rare earlier parts.

What's up with that?

Thoughts?

Well... parts is parts. I suppose that completing broken or incomplete badges is worthwhile so perhaps someone is buying parts for their collection or for resale. One has to be carefull of the "Frankenstein" badges made up of bits and pieces in the same manner that one has to watch for put-together groupings or medals. Have you noticed any one buyer picking up pieces?

Well... parts is parts. I suppose that completing broken or incomplete badges is worthwhile so perhaps someone is buying parts for their collection or for resale. One has to be carefull of the "Frankenstein" badges made up of bits and pieces in the same manner that one has to watch for put-together groupings or medals. Have you noticed any one buyer picking up pieces?

Does not seem to be any particular buyer, but it is hard to tell with Ebay's bidder encrypted name crap.