Help: Marine Female Officer wears black necktab???????

michss

Just be careful when the NEXT set of uniforms comes out and the rank insignia is on embroidered straps on the shoulders with an open collar.

And a beret...

Just one more step towards the end of the Marine Corps... :pinch:

Sorry,I'm confused,what you talking about????

Sorry,I'm confused,what you talking about????

We are making jokes about all the uniform changes that each branch of the military are doing. All in fun :rolleyes:

Steve Hesson

We are making jokes about all the uniform changes that each branch of the military are doing. All in fun :rolleyes:

Steve Hesson

:ermm: funny,have a good night...

• 4 years later...
USMCMBWMarine

I am the female Marine in the second photo- red neck tab. First photo is not me. I think some people thought they were of the same

Person? Trust me- I am wearing the correct neck tab. Here are a handful of reasons why. That uniform is B/W Dress Alphas. Female Officers (and I believe enlisted) are not issued white trousers- only white skirts. At 8th & I we are issued white trousers so we can match our male colleagues while marching. (Ever tried walking in grass in heels....it wouldn't work to march in a skirt and pumps especially to be able to match the stride and footfalls with the rest of the staff. We would look out of step.). The neck tab for B/W Dress Alpha is red. If that wasn't the case, I'm sure the Commandant, CO, Ops O, Dril Master, Parade Commander, Protocol Officer or numerous senior officers and SNCOs present at MBW would have stopped me before I hit the parade deck for dozens of ceremonies and parades. For those who haven't worked there, if you don't salute correctly, have edge dressed shoes etc you will get spot corrected by anyone and everyone. I've seen a lot of folks site the uniform order, but nobody sited the updates made by a uniform

Board around 2006 or so regarding neck tabs. If memory serves, the guidance was made more explicit. Officers wear the black necktAb with the long sleeve khaki shirt and blood stripe trou. Officers wear the green neck tab when wearing the long sleeve khaki shirt as part of a few variations of the service uniform. Long story short the only thing wrong with the second photo is my right ceremonial fist is not parallel to the deck. -Semper Fi

I am the female Marine in the second photo- red neck tab. First photo is not me. I think some people thought they were of the same Person? Trust me- I am wearing the correct neck tab. Here are a handful of reasons why. Long story short the only thing wrong with the second photo is my right ceremonial fist is not parallel to the deck. -Semper Fi

Welcome aboard and thank you so much for your post and for clarifying the uniform! It is wonderful to have a female Marine on board to help out with questions such as this.

....Kat

• 1 year later...

It's my understanding that you wear the black necktab if you're on a funeral detail. She's got gloves on, too, which was also part of the detail uniform. I couldn't find anything in writing to back this up, but was on a detail myself and this is what I was told.

• 3 years later...
SgtMaddoxUSMC

Dave,

It almost DID happen, in regards to the berets anyway..

S/F

post-133515-0-43209400-1583179302_thumb.jpg

Just be careful when the NEXT set of uniforms comes out and the rank insignia is on embroidered straps on the shoulders with an open collar.

And a beret...

Just one more step towards the end of the Marine Corps... :pinch: