Help: Marine Female Officer wears black necktab???????

michss

usmc-collector

According current USMC Uniform regulations the following apply for Female Officers:

Blue Dress and Blue-White Dress Uniform:

Black necktab - worn with slacks

Red necktab - worn with skirts

The current issue necktab pattern is diferent from USMC women neckties used from 1950s-1980s.

JAROSLAV

According current USMC Uniform regulations the following apply for Female Officers:

Blue Dress and Blue-White Dress Uniform:

Black necktab - worn with slacks

Red necktab - worn with skirts

The current issue necktab pattern is diferent from USMC women neckties used from 1950s-1980s.

JAROSLAV

oh,but how do you explain about this???

post-15570-1287682197.jpg

Thanx

It could just be an honest mistake. Time and time again we've seen irregularities in wearing uniforms. Even in units that pride themselves in uniform perfection, an issue happens now and again. There are several examples of ribbons being worn out of order and upside down, and other small issues. This could be one of those examples.

The USMC uniform catalog lists both black and red neck tabs for the women. Sometimes people make mistakes. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

The new proposed USMC female dress blue uniforms are really going to cook your noodle.

Depends on the ceremony, the uniform orders for the day, and the individual commander.

If the first pic officer is not 'under arms', that might make the difference. Note the 2nd pic she is wearing a sword. Thus, 'under arms'. Might make all the difference.

The new proposed USMC female dress blue uniforms are really going to cook your noodle.

Is this what you are referring to?

post-5589-0-44515400-1400252243.gif

Depends on the ceremony, the uniform orders for the day, and the individual commander.

If the first pic officer is not 'under arms', that might make the difference. Note the 2nd pic she is wearing a sword. Thus, 'under arms'. Might make all the difference.

So, no any certain answer,isn't it?

That came out a bit smaller than I wanted...

Here's a breakdown from 31 Mar 03 Marine Corps Uniform Regulations

3020. NECKTABS/NECKTIES

1. Necktabs (Females)

c. The black necktab will be worn by enlisted Marines with the blue dress

"A," "B," and "C" or blue-white dress "A"/"B" uniforms. No necktab will be

worn with the blue dress "D" uniform.

d. Officers will wear scarlet or black necktabs with the blue dress or

blue-white dress uniforms as follows:

(1) The scarlet necktab will be worn with the blue dress or blue-white

dress "A"/"B" (coat and skirt).

(2) The black necktab will be worn with the blue dress "C" uniform.

No necktab will be worn with the blue dress "D" uniform.

(3) When slacks are worn with the blue dress "A," "B," or "C" uniform

or the blue-white dress "A"/"B" uniform, the black necktab will be worn.

That came out a bit smaller than I wanted...

Here's a breakdown from 31 Mar 03 Marine Corps Uniform Regulations

3020. NECKTABS/NECKTIES

1. Necktabs (Females)

c. The black necktab will be worn by enlisted Marines with the blue dress

"A," "B," and "C" or blue-white dress "A"/"B" uniforms. No necktab will be

worn with the blue dress "D" uniform.

d. Officers will wear scarlet or black necktabs with the blue dress or

blue-white dress uniforms as follows:

(1) The scarlet necktab will be worn with the blue dress or blue-white

dress "A"/"B" (coat and skirt).

(2) The black necktab will be worn with the blue dress "C" uniform.

No necktab will be worn with the blue dress "D" uniform.

(3) When slacks are worn with the blue dress "A," "B," or "C" uniform

or the blue-white dress "A"/"B" uniform, the black necktab will be worn.

ok.base on rule,slacks with black necktab,but the female officer in my seconde photo offence the rule obviously!!

So,that's answer.isn't it???

The guys and gals at Marine Barracks Washington do things a bit differently than Marines in the FMF. Why all the questions? Most of these are local unit commander's discretion.

teufelhunde.ret
The guys and gals at Marine Barracks Washington do things a bit differently than Marines in the FMF. Why all the questions? Most of these are local unit commander's discretion.

Agree, WHY ALL THESE USMC QUESTIONS??? Most of these are local unit commander's discretion.

I think it's just:

"Look, I found this picture of a Marine not wearing the uniform like the regs say they're supposed to."

Then someone shows something saying they can wear it that way, then it's another:

"Well, you're wrong, because here's a picture of someone wearing the uniform the other way than you said they were supposed to."

Maybe we just listen to people like teufelhunde and shrapneldude when they say uniform tweaks are the local unit commander's discretion. The questions have been asked and answered. Multiple times.

And dutchinfidel, yes, that's the uniform I was referring to. Wait until he gets a hold of those pics...

teufelhunde.ret
Maybe we just listen to people like teufelhunde and shrapneldude when they say uniform tweaks are the local unit commander's discretion. The questions have been asked and answered. Multiple times.

THANK YOU - this has become more like a game of Trivia Pursuit! :blink:

I think it's just:

"Look, I found this picture of a Marine not wearing the uniform like the regs say they're supposed to."

Then someone shows something saying they can wear it that way, then it's another:

"Well, you're wrong, because here's a picture of someone wearing the uniform the other way than you said they were supposed to."

And dutchinfidel, yes, that's the uniform I was referring to. Wait until he gets a hold of those pics...

:thumbsup:

Agree, WHY ALL THESE USMC QUESTIONS??? Most of these are local unit commander's discretion.

:thumbsup:

The Marine Corps doesn't allow Marines, officers or otherwise, to mix and match uniform items without some sort of direction. There's an order for just about everything a Marine does, especially with dress uniforms. If it's 20 degrees out and you're still under orders to be "sleeves up" in cammies, you just have to deal with it until the uniform of the day is officially changed. So, finding photos on the internet with these sorts of anomalies may be fun, but you can be certain that Marine didn't just take it upon himself or herself to switch up their uniform to suit their own tastes.

Ay caramba! That uniform looks HORRIBLE! :w00t:

Ay caramba! That uniform looks HORRIBLE! :w00t:

Yeah, but at least there won't be any more neck tab questions...

Or will there?

:think:

Do whaaaa?

I showed the wife that pic of the "new" blues for WM's (errrr...Female Marines....or whatever they are calling themselves now...she's a PROUD 'WM')...and she was singularly UNimpressed.

Nice to see that the Marines are finally following the other services and adopting a poorly designed and downright ugly new uniform. I was really starting to worry that they might not get in the game, but looks like they came through in the end. Now all they need is to adopt some new, and pointless, big enamelled badges to pin all over the place, then they'll be all set! (and yes, I'm being VERY sarcastic)

Nice to see that the Marines are finally following the other services and adopting a poorly designed and downright ugly new uniform. I was really starting to worry that they might not get in the game, but looks like they came through in the end. Now all they need is to adopt some new, and pointless, big enamelled badges to pin all over the place, then they'll be all set! (and yes, I'm being VERY sarcastic)
I love it!. This uniform, the AF McPeak ordeal, and of course the Army. I was worried that only the Navy had lost it's mind when it came to uniforms. It's nice to see that just about every one has climbed aboard the Goofey Train to Dufasville

Steve Hesson

Just be careful when the NEXT set of uniforms comes out and the rank insignia is on embroidered straps on the shoulders with an open collar.

And a beret...

Just one more step towards the end of the Marine Corps... :pinch: