M1A1 Abrahms Tank

hawkdriver

I was heading over to the TOC yesterday and they had this thing parked out front. Was struck by the fact that they put the shielding on the cupola like the other vehicles, guess I never thougth about a tank needing it, but I guess it does.

33wo1gw.jpg

2823jiq.jpg

vg54rb.jpg

Nice Heavy Company, Saber Squadron! And although I am not a tanker, it is a M1A2 SEP. I was part of that Squadron, Grim Troop to be exact. And the tankers fielded those tanks same time we Scouts were getting the M3A3 CFV after the Regiments move from Carson to Hood in '06.

Nice Heavy Company, Saber Squadron! And although I am not a tanker, it is a M1A2 SEP. I was part of that Squadron, Grim Troop to be exact. And the tankers fielded those tanks same time we Scouts were getting the M3A3 CFV after the Regiments move from Carson to Hood in '06.

Thanks for the correction! I'm not used to seeing them from this angle, usually top down with a bird in there somewhere ;)

Thanks for the correction! I'm not used to seeing them from this angle, usually top down with a bird in there somewhere ;)

:lol: :lol: True that.

Darn I keep forgetting the war is over. I guess thats why you haven't been able to find anymore WW2 blankets and you haven't sent me that new in crate Willy's MB that were found in a warehouse in the desert.

Where? I would drive it all the way home if I could find one!

Taji. Haven't been through there for a spell, so not entirely sure they are still there. Is it even still in US hands or turned over to the Iraqis now? Don't recall.

But I can post pics late tonight when I get home. Were also some Shermans, and I want to say a Chaffe too.

I found the M8's not to far from the airfield, in a southwest'ish direction. There were also some other non Soviet vehicles gathered there. Almost like they were culled from the herd for possible movement back to the states.

The one I have pictured and will post later, had Republican Guard insignia on it.

"I was heading over to the TOC yesterday and they had this thing parked out front"....

There is just something about the way you said this that struck me as funny! "this thing"! You have me worried... might want to break out the recognition manuals! LOL!

As promised, one of the Greyhounds:

DSC01204.jpg

A Sherman:

sherman.jpg

Some of my knuckleheads on Sherman:

DSC01246.jpg

And not US, but I claimed it as mine...

DSC01615.jpg

As soon as I saw that goofy paint scheme on the artillery behind it, I know exactly where that is! Can't believe I missed the Sherman though, every time I went over that trash heap, I looked to see if I could find anything. Can't believe the Sherman is still there with a US star on it. Thanks for posting.

My mouth is wide open. I can't believe a Sherman. I'm glad our guys didn't bomb it. Can someone figure out how to ship it home piece by piece.

My mouth is wide open. I can't believe a Sherman. I'm glad our guys didn't bomb it. Can someone figure out how to ship it home piece by piece.

Not just any Sherman either... That's an M4A3 (105mm)... Still marked in US markings too...

Wayne

not to take it off the subect but i tried to get overthere 5 times in 5 years since the invasion and i was turned down each time ..it pictures like those make me mad that i could convice the Army to let me come back in for one more tour of duty and be at some big base where i could help with some desk job jockey prostion there to free up some one for a combat slot ..

Not just any Sherman either... That's an M4A3 (105mm)... Still marked in US markings too...

Wayne

It could also be a late production M4 105mm Howitzer Tank. There's no way to tell from that angle, but the radial engine M4 was produced with the late 47 degree hull and armed with the 105 in 1944 and 45.