ww2vault finds

ww2vault

Glad you like the 20th Air Force uniform Brandon. :) I took a better shot of it for you that only includes it and is much clearer then the above picture. There are a few moth nips but overall it is in great shape.

On the inside the soldier wrote the first letter of his last name and the last four digits of his ASN. I know there was a thread about this some where on the forum but I couldn't find it. Was there any way you could go about researching the soldier with just the last four digits of his ASN?

- Jeff

post-1090-1207594483.jpg

Hi,

Well I visited my great source of items again this week and was yet again happy with what I got for the price. It is an absolute joy every week to head on down to the local watering hole and see what goodies are there. :)

This week I got the following items for a total of $18. Ten dollars for the two uniforms and five dollars for the USNR trunk that had a load of goodies in it.

.:. 11th Airborne jacket. It has some moth holes on it but they are repairable. I am quite sure it is from either WWII or the Korean War. It appears to be an enlisted mans shirt but I was unable to find any tags on it.

.:. Blue US Army jacket that has the first initial of the soldiers last name and the last four digits of his ASN. It is also dated 1943.

.:. A named USNR trunk that is in rather nice shape and has a great interior. Also inside was a load of stuff.

.:. French Binoculars.

.:. Some US mess gear silverware.

.:. WWI postcards.

.:. A US pouch which I should know what it carries but I can't seem to remember.

.:. WWI German Infantry book.

.:. A couple WWI medals.

.:. A big orange flag with some symbol on it.

.:. A sweetheart pillowcase.

.:. 3rd Army unit crest.

.:. A handful of airmen wings and US pins. Some look new and some old.

.:. A boatload of photos. They seem to range from WWII to Korea. In a unfortunate case, they are all mixed together so I am having one hell of a time trying to separate the photos into the two different wars since I can hardly tell a WWII photo from a Korean War photo.

Also, where I buy all of this stuff they have about five Vietnam era Airborne class A jackets, all in good shape. There is also a 11th Airborne trench coat that is from the Korean War. If any of you would be interested in buying the stuff I could go back and buy it then resell it to you. Just let me know.

- Jeff

post-1090-1207963462.jpg

post-1090-1207963512.jpg

post-1090-1207963529.jpg

Yep, I mentioned the WWI medals in the list. I would take some close up shots but I would get shot down for non-us items. Actually, one is Italian and the other two are Austrian.

- Jeff

Hi USN,

The item you are referring too is some kind of WWI German disk. It feels kind of heavy given its size. I'm not quite sure what it is made out of. I will mail a few close up shots of it to you.

- Jeff

Hi USN,

The item you are referring too is some kind of WWI German disk. It feels kind of heavy given its size. I'm not quite sure what it is made out of. I will mail a few close up shots of it to you.

- Jeff

maybe a table medal?

Nkomo: Thank you for the identification of the flag, I attached a shot of the flag alone along with a close up shot of one of the grommets. Since the flag appears to made the same way as sweetheart pillows I would venture to guess that it is a WWII period flag.

Brig: I sent a couple close up shots of the disk to you.

- Jeff

post-1090-1208001145.jpg

post-1090-1208001166.jpg

DoughBoy: You are correct, thank you for the help. I am just now branching out into the field gear realm of collecting and still have some things I need to learn. They are a 1942 dated and made by J.S. & S. Co.

- Jeff

post-1090-1208002480.jpg

post-1090-1208002530.jpg

Guest Daninerzz

I sent the adminstrator of the usmilitariaforum a message regarding a leather flight helmet I have. He had limited information, but suggested I post my question/pictures on the board. I wasn't quite sure where I should post this. Inside the leather flight helmet is a tag that states:

NAF 1092

CONT. NXs-9677

SLOTE & KLEIN

Attached to the helmet is a set of goggles with a metal frame and rubber like seal. The right lens is crack. If you have knowledge of this helmet(time period, what it's worth, etc.) I would greatly appreciate a response back. Thank you.

craigslist079.jpg

craigslist076.jpg

craigslist077.jpg

craigslist078.jpg

Hi,

I picked up some nice items over the weekend. The total of them all came to $25. Some of the items will be finding their way over to the for sale section so keep an eye out. ;)

As always, if you show interest in a item I will post some close-ups of it for you. The items are as follow:

.:. Named Seabee's Cold Weather Field Jacket. (Might be from the Korean War.)

.:. Korea or Vietnam Era 1st Army shirt.

.:. 11th Airborne Overcoat; 1953 dated.

.:. Navy Petty Officer Jacket; Theres no tag, might be from WWII. (Missing a rate and rank patch.)

.:. Named Navel Aviator Uniform, Complete. (The uniform is named to Dick Stewart, I would be grateful if anyone could find anything out on him.)

.:. Officers Dress Hat, Dark Blue. (I'm not sure if it is a WWII era hat or not.)

.:. 1863 dated loan for $1,000 that was taken out and given to the Confederate States of America to help support the war effort. It comes with a certificate of authenticity. (I am partial to it, I am pro-Union. ;) )

.:. Three troop photos, two from WWI and the other from WWII.

.:. M-12 Tool Roll, 1945 dated.

.:. Three 1942 Wire Cutter Pouches, Two Made By J.S. & S. Co., and the other one by Hoff MFG.

.:. Named Chocolate Tie. (Might be from WWII.)

.:. Named Infantry Pipped Oversea's Cap.

.:. Bag Full Of 1943 Dated .30 Cal, M-1 Carbine bullets.

.:. M-3 Knife Sheath. (Might be one, not sure.)

.:. 1942 Dated German Navy Book. (It seems to talk about the different vessels in navies from countries around the world at that time.)

.:. 1942 Dated Field Artillery Book. (If you wanted to know anything at all about the field artillery tactics at that time, then this is the book.)

.:. 1904 Dated German Book. (Not really sure what this book is about. It belonged to a college library and was checked out all the way up to 1940 when it was discarded from the library.)

.:. A OD Wool Scarf. (I'm not sure if this is a WWII era scarf or not.)

- Jeff

post-1090-1208884600.jpg

post-1090-1208884628.jpg

.:. 11th Airborne Overcoat; 1953 dated.

.:. Navy Petty Officer Jacket; Theres no tag, might be from WWII. (Missing a rate and rank patch.)

- Jeff

post-1090-1208884726.jpg

post-1090-1208884749.jpg

.:. Named Navel Aviator Uniform, Complete. (The uniform is named to Dick Stewart, I would be grateful if anyone could find anything out on him.)

- Jeff

post-1090-1208884949.jpg

post-1090-1208885058.jpg

post-1090-1208885080.jpg

.:. Officers Dress Hat, Dark Blue. (I'm not sure if it is a WWII era hat or not.)

.:. 1863 dated loan for $1,000 that was taken out and given to the Confederate States of America to help support the war effort. It comes with a certificate of authenticity. (I am partial to it, I am pro-Union. ;) )

.:. Three troop photos, two from WWI and the other from WWII.

.:. M-12 Tool Roll, 1945 dated.

.:. Three 1942 Wire Cutter Pouches, Two Made By J.S. & S. Co., and the other one by Hoff MFG.

.:. Named Chocolate Tie. (Might be from WWII.)

.:. Named Infantry Pipped Oversea's Cap.

.:. Bag Full Of 1943 Dated .30 Cal, M-1 Carbine bullets.

.:. M-3 Knife Sheath. (Might be one, not sure.)

.:. 1942 Dated German Navy Book. (It seems to talk about the different vessels in navies from countries around the world at that time.)

.:. 1942 Dated Field Artillery Book. (If you wanted to know anything at all about the field artillery tactics at that time, then this is the book.)

.:. 1904 Dated German Book. (Not really sure what this book is about. It belonged to a college library and was checked out all the way up to 1940 when it was discarded from the library.)

.:. A OD Wool Scarf. (I'm not sure if this is a WWII era scarf or not.)

- Jeff

post-1090-1208885276.jpg

Jeff,

Nice haul! Would you take a close up photo of Dick Stewart's wings and ribbons? Also would you also take a photo of the dress blue hat? Is it Army?

Thanks for the comment Beasty. :lol:

Yes, it is an Army Officers Hat. As I mentioned above though, I am not sure if it is a WWII hat or post-war. I'm glad you would like those close-ups, here they are. thumbsup.gif

- Jeff

post-1090-1208889762.jpg

post-1090-1208889781.jpg

That is a great haul for $25! How did you pull that off? Are there any markings on the back of the navy wings?